CLARINES ACADEMY: His Point of View

***FINN CARTNER***

I am not a type of person who can easily convey and explain their feelings truthfully. I'd rather keep my problems to myself and hide my true feelings than bother anyone. But when it comes to her, I can't help but to express my true emotions. Ever since I met her, my world suddenly turned upside down.

I still remember the first time I met her on the forest of Clarines. It's not my hobby to play around and fight anyone. Pero madalas talaga akong habulin ng gulo. Walang araw na wala akong sugat na natatamo. I'm used to it and told myself that it is part of my trainings. But my parents' always scolded me for that. Hindi dapat daw ako pumapatol sa kung sino-sino.

I stared at her seriously after she healed my wound. I appreciated her effort but I didn't understand. Bakit niya ako pinagaling eh mas malala pa nga ang mga sugat na natamo niya kesa sa'kin.

"Who are you? What did you do?"

She looked nervous and afraid of me. Hindi siya makatingin ng deretso sa'kin habang kinukulong ko siya sa malaking puno. She looks like an angel and her face is impossible  to forget for me.

Nang tinawag ako nina Bon, nagdalawang isip man na iwan siya, ayaw ko naman na makita siya nila. I thanked her and smirked after I saw her blushing face.

Inakbayan ako ni Bon at bumulong sa tenga ko. "Sino yung kausap mo? Maganda ba? Mukha kang nabighani eh," aniya sa tono na nanunukso.

"Shut up." I smiled. I got a feeling that we will see each other again and I'm right.

"I'm Jane Zuki."

I looked at her seriously after she introduced herself in front of the class. Simula nang pinili ako ng aking ama na maging leader ng Team Clarines, naging mas mahirap ang mga trainings ko. Halos wala na akong oras para matulog. I am exhausted and not in the mood but when I saw her again, para akong nabuhayan.

I don't know what happened to me.  I didn't understand myself. I got weirder each day. I acted cold in front of her. Madalas ko rin siyang supladuhin pero ang totoo hindi ko lang alam kung paano siya pakikitunguan. I wanted her to think of me as a cool person. But when I watched her initiation, how she fights our girl classmates, I was so mesmerized. I even thought that she is way cooler than me.

However, I am worried with her conditions especially when I learned that she can't heal herself with her own power. I brought her to the academy's clinic immediately and commanded my sister to treat her wounds.

When my father told us that we need a new girl member to our team, I knew who he will choose. Hindi nga ako nagkamali nang makita sa harap namin si Jane. I didn't like it lalo na nang sinabi ni Sir Nero na magiging sakripisyo siya ng academy para makasali sa competition.

I didn't understand myself why I care for her so much. Unti-unti ko lang naintindihan ang sarili nang nakidnap siya. Ayaw ko siyang mapahamak o masaktan. Pakiramdam ko hindi ko kakayanin kapag merong masamang mangyari sa kanya. I want to save and protect her as much as possible with all I can.

Kaya hindi ko na hinintay ang pahintulot ng aking ama at nakipagtulungan na lang sa ilang classmates at kaibigan para iligtas si Jane. That was my first all out fights. The first time I fought an old maniac. I didn't care about the consequences of my actions. What matters to me is her safety. Halos patayin ko na silang lahat dahil sa galit lalo na ang matanda na siyang may pakana ng pagdukot kay Jane. I was so mad that I want to kill them all. Buti na lang dumating sina Prof. Hera at ang iba pa para tulungan kami.