Chapter 1

"And this pill does what exactly...?" I asked looking at Dr.Lampitch then back at the tiny pill in my palm. "This tiny pill temporarily disables the part of the brain that feels fear called the amygdala." Dr. Lampitch started, "we created five of these little pills, each which has more power disabling the amygdala longer than the other. Which ever one last the longest will be the one released into the public." He finished. "Why are you giving us these then? can't you test them on animals or other scientist or... something?" I questioned. "Well... No... I don't believe we could. You see.. We created a maze full of what you five fear... you all have very similar fears so we combined them into a super fear factor." Dr answered. "And.. what happens exactly if..." I paused, " if the pill was to.. i don't know.. Stop working?" Dr cleared his throat. "That person would either have to get over their fear.. Go into a state of shock and die... or that fear.. for example.. would kill that person sensing that persons fear." He looked away. "Here, take this here's some water..." He handed me a glass. "Good luck, Kellsey." And with that he walked out of the room. I sat there looking at the tiny purple pill in my hand. 'How could such a small pill stop so much fear? I wondered before putting the pill up to my mouth, 'What if the pill stops? I'll never see my family again... Mom, Dad, ...Brannon...' I started to tear up upon the thought. Maybe signing up for this wasn't such a great idea... To late now... And with that i put the pill in my mouth, sipped the water, and swallowed the pill. No turning back now. I stood up from the chair i was sitting in. I took one last look around the small room before i exited the room out to the maze. Light blue walls, colorful paintings covering the walls, and a little row of gray cabinets. I took a deep breath and stepped out of the door. Ones out I saw four others. One blonde girl and her twin, both tall, a short, brown haired girl, and a tall, buff, black haired boy. Dr.Lampitch and Dr.Massbird started handing out suits fitted for each of us. Matching colors. The only difference between the suit was the symbols on them. "Alright, let us begin the introductions." announced Massbird. The twins stepped forward. "This is Lucy and Clayton Premera." the twins stepped back and the tall boy stepped forward. "This is Dylan Chessmen." Dylan stepped back to his spot, the brown haired girl stepped forward. "This is Lily Dewflake." Lily stepped back into place uneasily. This time I stepped forward. "This is Kellsey Collins." I stepped back into to my place slowly and uneasily.