Chapter 1 - Its okay

A knock at my door with shaking hands: without looking up from my computer I answer
"Come in!" when the door creaking open draws my head up from the glowing screen I see an unwanted face, and it makes me freeze. I can't believe it.

'Are you crazy? What wrong with you.
My parents are home-' I panicked
    'you might wanna keep that down.' He whispered

It's Zayan, soaked in blood dripping down  his sharp ears and flowing down to his leather jacket even staining his basic white top.
        it's giving me major anxiety my parents are gonna disown me if they saw me with a guy that too Zayan at 2 in the morning.

'what's with the ear' was my stupid reflex.
'yeah nothing my piercing came off I guess.' said Zayan

    'uh? how are you even here?'I asked
      'Um can I stay I swear it's urgent' said Zayan
      I nodded fighting the urge to stay no.
    'I mean I just talked to you like idk an hour ago you were in Bangalore how to could you even be in Chandigarh.'

      Silence fell      

'NO. Sorry I'm not getting involved in anything. You need to leave.' I said
   he was leaning on my door with his flix partially covering the eye. his lips are extremely red that if he told me he wears lipstick I would actually believe it.
    And I was there in my bun and not one of those attractive messy ones and in my dirty green pajamas.

  'Okay' he nodded
  He turned around. Just when I thought he was gonna leave he turned got into into my PARENTS ROOM and switch the light on.
    My heart was rushing. I was breathing heavy wanted to scream for my life
my anxiety was through the walls.

This gives me flashback from 3years a ago when the whole drama went down
He was accused for leaking my younger sisters Nudes. My sister having breakdown in a corner and Zayan yelling my dad was almost about to hit him.

     I feel sorry for my mom and Mahira aunty, Zayan's mum. They were best friends since they were like 5 it ruined their friendship and I haven't seen them talk since

       But what is worse is society my sister was considered impure after that. My own parents stoped talking to her. The entire community decided we need to leave and we couldn't afford it as a result My family sent my sister away. And now everyone acts like she never exists. her name hasn't been mentioned in 3 years.

         Zayan..soon after everything got normal for him. He's a male its not his virtue that matters so that's okay.

We're Bentos by religion (it has a lot to do with astrology and death of  Tara)and believe it or not it is pretty common for this to happen to a women. the longest times I've believed in these messed up traditions too i mean it's in my blood.
until we got exposure to the Internet and got exposure to the other side of the world Which is also considered a reason that corrupted ours.

So eventually zayn and I kept in contact we weren't close or anything but he every now and then he kept asking me to get handful of soil from my yard. Yeah that was pretty much it. He's into botany so I figured.
But the actual weird part was we found a 4feet deep whole in our yard which was so creepy and it became a whole another fiasco.

But  lowkey a part of me believes it wasn't his fault I mean the nudes thing. this can't be infatuation right I mean I how gullible can I be.