First Shift!

I wake up to someone bouncing on my bed yelling in my face. My stomach is churning, my body hurts as if someone was twisting my insides with a red hot knife. I try to get out of bed but collapse onto the floor. My eyes dart to my sister in a near panic thinking I'm dying and notice she seems to be in pain too. I feel tears fall down my face as the sound of cracking and popping fill the room.

The pain lasts about a good two hours before it finally dissolves. It is as if something in my mind clicked and a voice echoes in my head.

"Hello, Zana. I'm Mallow, your wolf it's so nice to finally meet you.."

At eighteen a werewolf shifts for the first time and receives her wolf, the process of shifting for the first time was often painful, and took a lot of a young pup's energy. I look over at my sister who has just finished her own shift and I'm amazed at how beautiful my sister's wolf is.

My sister and I both trot over to the floor length mirror, and get a glimpse of ourselves standing side by side.

I gasp Lorna and I are identical twin sisters,but I had not expected our wolves to be identical as well. The only thing that separates us in looks is that Mallow is slightly bigger built than Blue.

Slowly I shift back, and sink onto my bed exhausted. I want nothing more than to go back to sleep, but it is a school day and I know mom would not be happy if we are late for school.

"Not only that but don't forget now that I'm around we might find our mate. He might be someone at school." Mallow points out.

I feel myself light up at the possibility. Now that Mallow mentions it, I become excited.

Going to my closet I quickly get dressed in my usual casual black leggings, and a short sleeve Orange sunflower shirt, with my favorite tennis shoes. I make sure I have my gym clothes in my bag and quickly head downstairs for breakfast.

Not surprising My sister has managed to dress and get downstairs before I did and has already piled her plate high with food.

Making my way to the kitchen counter, I quickly pop several ingredients into the waiting blender and pour it into a glass before draining it in one shot.

"Really wish you would just eat a pancake for once, it's our birthday after all." Lorna complains.

I roll my eyes at her "This smoothie I drink every morning is good for a wolf's body. I made the recipe myself specifically for building my muscles and now my wolf's as well. It'll help me and my wolf grow strong and fast on our feet."

Lorna just shrugs and eats another two pancakes with her nose arched up in disgust.

"I guess we are only identical in looks." She teases.

"Besides I wanna keep my body in perfect shape, now that we are eighteen and have our wolves we will finally be able to look for our mates."

"Oh yeah, I forgot about the fact that we can now look for our mates." Lorna grins.

Grabbing our bags we hurry off to school, both of us eager to find out who we would get as a mate.

"So what do you think our mates will be like?" Lorna gushes.

"I hope he's a strong warrior or beta like dad." I responded thoughtfully.

We walk to school discussing the possibility the entire way. The moment we step inside the school I smell the most wonderful woodsy scent, it was like someone had just dumped a pile of mulch somewhere in the school.

"Mmm that smells so good, what is that?" I hear my sister say behind me.

"Let's follow the scent and find out." I respond quickly. I could feel Mallow growing excited, she kept sending me images of herself drooling over the scent.

The two of us walk quickly, I get confused when the scent stops in front of the school Faculty office. Student's are not allowed to go in there.

"Tear it down, tear the door down, he's in there!" Mallow insists.

I stood there trying to figure out what to do, I don't wanna get in trouble although I can feel myself becoming desperate along with my wolf.

"Shut up Blue!" I hear my sister snap getting annoyed, telling me she is having similar issues with her own wolf.

Just as I am about to give in and bang on the door, I hear the knob on the door start to turn and the door swings open.

The strong scent of Mulch engulfs us even stronger than before and my wolf is singing.

"Mate!"

I stare at the man in front of me in shock, this man is the College Dean, as well as the unmated Alpha of our pack Malcolm Merlen.

Malcolm looks from me to my sister before grinning brightly. "Ah so this is why I never found my mate, it's you. And you?" He says, shocked as he takes in the realization that my sister and I are both his mates rather than just one of us.

I am stunned. The fact that I would have to share a mate with my twin was going to be a hard pill to swallow. My sister and I had always been told by our parents that it was common for identical twins to share a mate, but somehow my sister and I always thought we would be different and get our mate to ourselves.

The Dean looked overjoyed at having finally found his mates, and eventually took us both into his arms for a hug

"Even if we have to share a mate with Lorna and Blue, I'd rather have them than no mate at all." I hear Mallow say in my head.

"Just give me time to process this." I tell Mallow and throw up a wall between me and my wolf.

Lorna on the other hand was extremely happy about it.

"Now, I want you two to head on to class, as much as I want to get to know my two new mates, I am first and foremost still your Dean, but I want you to come have lunch in my office today, I want us to chat and get to know each other a bit better." Malcolm instructed.

Lorna and I pull from Malcolm's hug and hurry down the hall towards our class.