Meeting The Cast: Part 1

First-person point of view:

I had just arrived in LA a week ago so I can get settled into my hotel room. But I was too excited to unload everything, I've been up every night, practicing my lines over and over again just to make sure I had it all memorized to a T. The director had announced me being added to the cast on live TV with the cast and since my notifications have been blowing up none stop. The whole cast has followed me back on my Instagram and I couldn't be more excited.

Today the cast was having a party to celebrate the new season. A limo driver was set to pick me up when I was finished getting ready. We were not going to a big premiere tonight so I thought I would dress more simply, I didn't want to stand out too much, as crazy as that sounds when I'm about to be on TV. I put on a black knee-length dress and some black ankle boots. My long blonde hair tied into a braid and rolled into a side bun where I pinned it with a small butterfly clip to add some decoration. The only jewelry I put on was a simple chain necklace and I wore just some light make up. Mainly only mascara, a red gloss, and eyeliner.

I always carried a small backpack with me, but this time I went for a purse instead. I felt out of my comfort zone really, I mainly dressed in leggings and baggy shirts, sweat pants, and hoodies. But I'll certainly have to get used to this new life huh? It wasn't till I got to my limo that my phone started blowing up with notifications. Mainly from Instagram. Everyone congratulating me and wishing me luck. I held my breath for what seemed like forever till it was time for me to get out of the car. I stood in front of the doors of the building, taking a few deep breaths as I clutched onto my phone, bringing it to my chest as I slowly started to walk up the steps. Slowly pushing through the double doors of the building I got greeted by loud music, bright lights, and of course most of the extras being crazy, which was amusing. My nerves started rising as I got further into the building, my heels seemingly drowning out the loud music with every step I take. I was too engrossed with the music I didn't realize what was in front of me as I had bumped into someone. Causing me to fall backward and landed on my back. 

"Oh, I am so sorry miss!" I heard a boy's voice, groaning slightly from the pain when my back had hit the wooden floor I slowly sat up, moving my bangs from my eyes.

"It's fine I wasn't paying attention-" I paused as I looked up, my breath catching in my throat as I saw him, curly back hair, freckles decorated on pale skin as well as soft brown eyes, which were filled with worry. 

"Finn..." I said with a smile, his eyes went from worried to bright, smiling as he offered me his hand. Taking it I stood up with his help. "Hi- I mean- hey... OOh my god, I am so sorry-" I stammered, to which he chuckled in response before shaking his head. 

"Hey! Don't be sorry. Accidents happen. You're Alice right?" He asked smiling. I nodded shyly, tucking a stray hair behind my ear before he gave me a hug, I quickly became flustered but smiled softly as I rested my hands on his back. "It's good to finally meet you!" He said, before taking my hand to lead me further into the building. The clicking of my heels still being the only other distraction I am hearing other than Finn talking to me. I assumed he guessed I was nervous as he gave my hand a slight squeeze. "did you settle in okay?" He asked, I just kept following him, trusting that he knew the way we were going. 

He brought us to a more private area in the building where the main cast was at. Getting my voice back I finally was able to talk to him without being tongue-tied. "Y-Yeah... I still haven't fully unpacked but I'm getting there. I have just been.. way too excited." I laughed as he had stopped walking. We had gotten close to the other cast members. I just gripped my phone as I still couldn't believe that it was FINN WOLFHARD that I meet first. He nodded to me and smiled once he was facing me. Thank goodness I didn't dress up more. He was just in a pair of jeans and a white button-up shirt. 

"Well I'm glad to finally meet you, we have a premiere party tomorrow as well as our first day of shooting, so I hope you're ready," He said, putting a hand on my shoulder before walking off, I watched as he got further from me, my heart tight in my chest as I leaned back against the table behind me. Realizing that this was all real, I was actually gonna be with my favorite actors on set on my favorite show.  I smiled to myself, the music finally reaching my ears as I let out my breath. I then heard the music changed to a much slower song. I hummed slightly to myself, seeing Finn walking over to me with his hand out to me. 

"You wanna dance?" He asked. I panicked again. Seeing his hand before I looked around me, a blush creeping to my cheeks as I swallowed dryly. 

"I.. don't know how," I said softly. I mentally slapped myself remembering the ending of season 2. He chuckled as he gently took my hand in his. Leading me to the middle of the room. He guided my hands to his shoulders before resting his on my waist. I couldn't belive that I was actually dancing with him.  Looking down at my feet I made sure I was careful not to step on his. I then saw him bring out his phone, putting it to his camera he turned to me. 

"Here's to your first day with us tomorrow!" He smiled, before taking the picture of us both and tagging me in his story.  His story read: 

"Met our new team member today, hears to the next season of Stranger Things!" 

I smiled once we continued to dance again. Letting my worry fade as we continued to sway.