Chapter 8

༺°☆◦ •○●✿●○• ◦☆°༻

Man, I thought I was going to be happy today.

I had a wonderful conversation with my soon-to-be best friend, gave her the promised hug, confused everyone on the campus as to how did we change so much overnight, laughed gleefully about it, actually paid attention to class, did everything right with a smile on my face.

And then what does the universe do?

It decides that I've had too much fun for the day.

Something had to come and ruin it.

Or rather, someone.

Gently patting Jungkook's back as he sobbed, Tae and I shared determined looks with each other.

We were not going to let this happen.

A few minutes before shit went down

"Alright. I've tried to ignore it, but I really can't anymore." Tae said, slamming a book down on the table loudly.

I hit the back of his head without looking up from the computer.

"Ow." He said, glaring at me slightly as I looked up and smiled at him.

"Snap later. We're at the library." I scolded slightly, bowing to one of the professors with a smile. They nodded, a confused and slightly nervous smile on their face.

I've been smiling a lot today, and honestly, it's creeping people out.

I love it.

"Not that I hate seeing you happy, but you smiling too much reminds me of Joker."

"Why so serious?" I asked with a crazy smirk, making him shudder.

"That was an awful impression of him." He chided, making me chuckle slightly. "On a serious note though, I'm concerned."

"Just wait for about 10 minutes. We'll be done for the day and then you can tell me what's bothering you." I said, knowing exactly what it was anyway.

Jungkook was quiet today. Not once did he fangirl over Y/N, though he did make polite conversation with her.

He just sat there, moping about something that I'm still trying to figure out.

"Psh. Like you don't know what it is anyway." Taehyung scoffed.

"Well, I don't know what's bothering him, but I can take a guess," I said and shrugged, issuing a book to a fellow student.

"What?! Who?!"

"Shh." I shushed him, making him lean closer to me so he can whisper.

"Who?" He asked loudly in my ear, making me throw a stapler at him which he dodged with ease.

"That was such a half-hearted attempt."

"It's because I care too much to hurt you," I said, giving him the puppy eyes which made him melt.

Kim Taehyung is a sucker for my puppy eyes, and it's no secret.