Forever Doesn't Exist. (A Harry Styles Oneshot)

Listen to the music I attached for a better reading experience. Enjoy!

I haven't told anyone about my pregnancy yet. Harry puts up such a brave face, although I know that deep inside, he is mortified. He is still so young. But I know that he'll be a great father. 

"H-Harry!" I managed to shout, my voice breaking, sounding extremely weak. I had extremely bad contractions. It felt like someone was punching my insides, twisting everything around. I didn't know what to do. Fortunately, Harry was home. He had been amazing through my whole pregnancy. He was always extremely cautious, doing me favors all the time, skipping meetings, tours, and meet & greets for me. 

He rushed to the bathroom, where I was laying down, holding my stomach. He immediately crouched down to my level, and took my hand.

"Is it time?" He asked, his eyes genuinely worried and warm.

"Yes..." I said, weakly. I tried to get up, not wanting to move. My contractions were so sharp, every move I made made me wince in pain. This made Harry even more worried. He held my hand, supporting my back as I sat up. He helped me stand up, and led me to the car. He sat me down in the front seat, securing my seatbelt for me. 

"I'll drive slowly, alright, babe? If you need to stop, just tell me. I'm here for you and I won't leave you for a second. We're forever, right?" 

I nodded, holding back tears. He sat down in the driver's seat, starting up the car. I looked at his big hands tightly wrapped around the wheel, with a silver engangement ring around his finger. I knew he loved me and genuinely cared about me. It was the best feeling in the world.

We got to the hospital after a long, painful ride. After the car ride, Harry had been holding my hand the whole way, supporting my back. As we entered the hospital, I was sat in a wheelchair. We got into a private room and I changed into a gorgeous hospital robe (note the sarcasm). I layed down on a hospital bed. linked up with tens of wires and beeping machines. Harry was there, next to my bed, holding and stroking my hand.

" I know this is hard for you. But it'll be worth it. I promise. I'll be here, no matter how many hours it takes, i'll never leave you. " He said, looking straight into my eyes. 

I nodded, tears building up in my eyes.

"Don't cry," He said, stroking my cheek with the back of his hand, "This is supposed to be happy. Your parents and the boys are waiting outside the room. They are all incredibly happy for you." 

"Okay, I believe you're ready to deliver." The nurse said. I looked at Harry, and he gave me a reassuring nod. He was still holding my hand.

"I won't stop holding your hand until the very end. I'll be here for you. I love you." He said with a quite, raspy voice.

I started pushing, pushing, pushing. I felt Harry hold my hand. The nurses were helping me breathe. I screamed; it was excruitiangly painful. 

I saw some more nurses step into the room. My brain was too overloaded with thoughts to possibly observe the situation. One of the doctors said something to a thin, blonde nurse dressed in a white coat and blue hair bag. Whatever he said, hit her hard. Tears started building up in her eyes as she left the room. The baby still wasn't coming out. Would I have to go through a C-section? A nurse spoke to Harry, his hands still holding mine. Shock washed through his face, tears rapidly building up, streaming down his face. What was going on? I desperately needed somebody to tell me what was going on. 

Suddenly, I felt a terrible, stabbing pain. Everything started to fade. I looked around in panic, finding Harry next to me,  weeping, his face all red and puffy. He looked into my eyes with such sadness, it broke my heart.

"I love you." He whispered, his voice breaking.

Then, everything blacked out. 

-----Harry's POV-------

"I'm afraid she has a small chance of surviving." The main doctor told me, his eyes red. 

"No. You don't know her. She's stronger than that." I said desperately, grasping onto her hand tighter.  I was desperate for him to reassure me. I needed somebody to tell me she was going to be alright, and we would buy a house, buy baby clothes, watch the baby's first steps, first words... Realization struck me, and tears started to stream down my face. I had never cried harder in my life. 

"I love you. I love you. I love you." I told her, desperate for her to look me in the eye. She turned to me, and saw me. You could see the sorrow and confusion in her eyes. 

"I love you." I repeated, breaking down again. 

She looked into my eyes for a few seconds with so much emotion in her eyes. Then, her eyes turned dead and emotionless. Her hand turned limp, me still holding onto it.

"No. No. No." I held her face in my hands, looking into her eyes, desperate for her to look back. But she didn't move. She didn't have the same rosey glow in her face. Her face was white and completely blank. 

I zoned out everything around me. The baby had survived. I zoned out the baby cry, beeping machines, nurses walking around and talking. Alexandra was the only thing I wanted. 

She was dead. The mother of my child and the love of my life was dead. 

"Sir?" I heard a female say. I turned around, and saw a nurse holding a baby wrapped in a blue blanket. It was a boy. We hadn't even thought of a name yet. But the face had no traces of me. I could see Alexandra's beautiful eyes in him; but the baby resembled someone oddly close to me. I put all the pieces together, my sorrow rapidly changing to anger.

"Zayn." I whispered. It wasn't even my baby. 

I was so overwhelmed, I ran out of the room, and punched the wall, screaming on the top of my lungs. I didn't know what to do next, so I ran into the room of people waiting anxiously. The atmosphere obviously changed quickly. From the small talk with Alexandra's grandparents and the boys, everyone went silent. I looked mental. My face was red and blotchy from crying, my eyes swollen. But I was angry. I felt like I could kill someone. 

"Where's the baby?" Alexandra's mother asked. 

I didn't answer. 

I looked down at the ground. I didn't want to see Zayn, it would infuriate me too much. 

"How is Alexandra?" My mother asked, sensing my anger and frustration, breaking the long silence. 

I waited for a moment.

"She's dead." I whispered, barely audible, my voice breaking.

They obviously hadn't heard me.

"SHE'S DEAD!" I shouted, punching the wall and resting my head on it. The tears started to take over me again, rapidly streaking through my face.

After a long pause, I heard her mother ask, "is the baby alright?" 

I couldn't understand how anyone could be thinking about the baby right now. Her daughter had just died, did she not care?

"Yes, the baby is alive." I managed to mumble, clenching my fists. 

I interlocked my eyes with Zayn's.

"Congratulations, Zayn. You killed my fiancè." 

Sorrow and confusion washed through him. 

"IT'S YOUR F******G BABY! YOU DESERVE TO BE REMINDED OF THIS EVERY DAMN DAY! STAY THE HELL OUT OF MY LIFE." 

--------------------------------------------------

This is actually the last chapter of my first book, Harry Styles dirty imagine, but I liked this chapter, and I thought it would work as a one shot.