"Welcome to Derry, Eleven"

The lab's sirens go off. Eleven sits on her bed, drawing with the crayons her papa gave her. She jumps as the sirens and red lights go off.

     Eleven drops her paper and pencil to the floor, startled. Quickly after, Papa comes in. Eleven looks up at him, scared. "We have to go." He says, grabbing her arm.

     The lab has gone mad. The two rush through the halls. Eleven was thinking of escaping, that plan was ruined now that the police was there. She was scared yet excited to be away from the lab.

     That never happened. Eleven doesn't escape to the party. Instead she is forced into the lab car.
.
.
.
      The drive takes a long time. Eleven doesn't know where they are going or when they are going to be there.

      A long while later, they arrive at Derry. Someone opens the door and yanks Eleven out of the car. They arrive at a building. Eleven sees Papa as she walks up to the doors. "Where.... are we?" Eleven asks. "Welcome to Derry, Eleven." Papa says. "The past lab uh... Never mind that. This is the new lab."

      Eleven has no idea where that is. Brenner brings her into a room similar to her old one in the old lab.

     Papa gives her a paper and crayons to keep her occupied. Eleven draws her and Papa smiling and holding hands. She looks down at her wrist, copying it onto her wrist in the picture. She draws 011 onto her wrist on the drawing she made.

      After she finished the drawing, she lays down in bed, thinking of a way to escape. She had to learn the ways in and out of the new lab.
.
.
.
      After a week of tests around the new lab, she figures out where all the exits are.

     Eleven lays down in bed one day. She thinks of escaping. Eleven doesn't know much about the outside world. She thinks about escaping with Papa. Was that even possible? She loved Papa. She wanted to escape. Could she do both?

-
    Dr. Brenner and Eleven walk down the halls towards the lab room. "Papa?" Eleven asks. "Yes, Eleven?" He says. "Can.. we go?" She asks, pointing to the exit. Dr. Brenner frowns. "There is nothing out there, Eleven." He answers. "Out there, there is only pain and suffering. You don't want that. Do you?" He asks. Eleven doesn't know what pain and suffering means, but she doesn't want it.

    Eleven shakes her head as she frowns. Brenner smiles as he knows she doesn't want to leave.

     Eleven spends a lot of her time drawing. One day, she draws the exit. She draws rainbows and happiness outside the door. She doesn't believe Papa. She still believes there is more than 'pain and suffering' whatever that is, out there. She believes that there is fun, happiness, and other nice stuff out there.

      She hides the paper under her pillow in hopes Papa doesn't see it. She looks at the picture and smiles at it before she falls asleep each night.

     She dreams of rainbows and happiness.

     -

     One day, Eleven had enough. She thinks that if she escapes, she will have happiness. But what if he's right? Eleven thinks. What if there is no happiness? What if she's risking it all just to realize that Papa was right?

-

    "Papa?" Eleven says. "Yes, Eleven?" Brenner says. "What is... outside?" Eleven asks. Brenner sighs. "Bad stuff, Eleven, only badness." He answers. "Have you... ever been... out there?" She asks. Brenner sighs once again. "Why with all the questions, Eleven?" He asks. Eleven shrugs. "Yes. I have been out there. The real world is cruel and unhappy place. I love it much more in here. Don't you?" He asks. Eleven looks up into her papas eyes. She fake smiles, and nods.
.
.
.
     One day, after El does the bath. She wanders back to her room. She sees the exits close by. Eleven starts to think. Should she make a run for it? Should she push the guards away with her mind? Should she kill them as she has done to some past workers in the past? These thoughts bubble in her head. Her thoughts are interrupted by her papa. "Come along now, Eleven, back to your room." Papa shoos here back to her room.

     Eleven lays down in bed. Papa doesn't want her to leave. It's obvious that if she goes, she goes alone. She gets up and draws a picture. She draws her and Papa in the outside world. She draws them as a happy family. Then she draws herself a mother. Her papa had explained that her mama was gone when Eleven asked one day.

    She labeled herself. She wrote, 011 above herself. She had drawn herself with short, brown, buzzed hair. She always wondered what it would be like to have long hair. She drew her lab dress on herself. Eleven didn't know that people wore other than lab coats and lab dresses.

     Then she drew her papa. Eleven drew his grey hair and lab coat. She labeled, Papa over his head.

     Then she drew her never before seen mother. Eleven drew her with long curly brown hair. She drew light blue eyes that shined in the sun that was above them. She drew her with a purple lab coat. Eleven looked over her crayon- drawn drawing. She admired it.

-

     Eleven lay down in bed. She couldn't hold in her urge to see the new world. She grabbed her drawings and shoved them inside her lab dress pockets.

     She opened the locked door in front of her with her mind. She was doing it. Eleven was escaping. She ran to the exit. The guards looked at the little girl, confused. She quickly tilted her head to the right, using her mind powers to snap all four of their necks. The rose her hands up, breaking open the locked doors.

      Eleven ran out of the lab. No one knew she had escaped yet. Eleven ran and ran. She ran into a forest nearby.

     It was still daylight. She ran through the twigs and  dirt, through the woods. Eleven ran through the first for a while.

     It had been a while of running before she stopped. She was far away from the lab and was happy. She sat under a tree. Eleven took out her drawings of her being happy with Papa and Mama. She missed Papa. Eleven wanted Papa with her. She wanted to escape with him. Why didn't he want to escape too?

     Eleven shoves the crumpled up drawings into her pocket. She walks more in the woods as she reaches the Barrons.

      She walks until she reaches the river. She looks to her left to see a sewer. Eleven sees two boys standing outside of the sewer.

     One is a scrawny looking boy, he has a fanny pack on. Eleven looks at the other boy. He has curly light brown hair. Both of the boys look disgusted. Eleven looks more closely.

     She sees there are two other boys that are inside of the sewer. One of them has curly black hair with glasses. The other has straight brown hair.

     She looks at the sewer and wonders what it is. It has water along the floor.

     Eleven walks closer to the boys in the sewer.