Enjoy Your Meal

chef!adachi

a/n : A couple of Japanese dishes are mentioned but the only two noteworthy are:

Tonkatsu : a Japanese dish that consists of a breaded, deep-fried/tempura pork cutlet.

Tamagoyaki : [see Cherry magic Ep2 (8:24 minutes) where Kurosawa makes this for Adachi] A type of Japanese omelette, which is made by rolling together several layers of fried egg.

--

"One Shoyu Ramen bowl coming up!" "Order of large-sized Gyu-Tama Don is ready for take-away." "Oni-san can I get an extra slice of beef?" "Pass me the salt please."...and Urabe Restaurant is bustling with customers right at the lunch hours.

Apart from the bubbling cacophony of voices, Adachi - a newbie part-timer could also make out strange comments, almost like a discourse of someone's mind.

"Arghhhh the magic is annoying."

Adachi has heard of this mind-reading ability being bestowed upon virgins who hit their thirties, in tabloids and such— in fact, it was a recurring theme in a manga he read quite recently called Cherry Magic.

A week into acquiring this magic, nothing seemed to have changed in his life, except for the unwanted sneak-peak into people's mind he can't help but venture into when he accidentally touches them.

"One regular Tonkatsu please." Adachi's ears perk up while his eyes trace to find the owner of the voice.

It was Kurosawa. Everyone knew Kurosawa. He was a fine hardworking man and basically the talk of the street. Adachi has always admired him from afar, even wanting to become someone like him— the thought he relinquishes often because of his complex.

Kurosawa has always loved the restaurant downtown. It was cheap, close to his office, and served the best pork tonkatsu he's ever had. Moreover, it also started serving sweet tamagoyaki, his favorite, during lunch recently.

Adachi brought over the meal to Kurosawa when he heard "The tamagoyaki looks fluffy. He's happy today." while noticing the curve on his lips.

"Eh?"

"Huh?"

They both look at each other in confusion before the young chef takes his bow and leaves. Adachi realized that this was the first time he heard Kurosawa's inner monologue, after him being absent for a whole week last week. He was relieved at the latter's comment. The first half specifically. But the other half left him in a state of turmoil.

This kept happening every day since.

From "Oh the sauce looks pale- is something bothering him?"

to "Something good must've happened to him! I can smell the sweetness of the tamagoyaki from here."

and also "Hmm the eggs look a little overcooked, I guess he's tired." Adachi almost returns the plate back at that comment if only Kurosawa didn't eagerly place it on his table.

It's a no-brainer that the person Kurosawa referring to was Adachi— well obviously because Tonkatsu is his area of expertise. But the question which leaves him in turmoil is why the handsome employee thinking about him?

He is happy though. That a person like Kurosawa notices his cooking, which also helps him in improving it but for him to also observe his mannerisms makes him feel weird in his stomach.

A good weird? Bad weird? No one knows, not even himself, yet.

-

Weekends meant a trip to the supermarket to check for fresh produce and buy necessities but what he didn't expect was to run into Kurosawa right in the middle of his shopping excursion.