One - Field Trip -

Arabian Beauty 

•••

"okay class, have you all handed me your parental slips?" Mrs Clearwater asked, there was a chorus of 'yes' 'sure' and groans. Looks like somebody didn't get daddy's permission.

"ok let's get into the bus and we'll head to the airport! Tally hoe!" she finally ended her extremely long speech and we gathered onto the bus. I was hurdled into the large yellow death trap by my to best friends, Fay and Meiko. Their my everything, the loves of my life and I mean that in the most un lesbian way.

We've been friends ever since our moms started a yoga class together and we were stuck in day care when we were 7. We clicked instantly and became besties.

"okaaaayy this is going to be sooooo much fun!" Meiko screeched in her seat next to me. "omg I know hot men, clear oceans, pretty outfits and did I mention HOT men!!!" Fay squeaked from the seat in front of us.

I groaned and rolled my eyes. As much as I love these two idiots they are completely boy obsessed. That's all they seem to talk about, boys, boys and guess what more BOYS!!!

"Haddassa how can you not be excited! We're going back to your birth place, it's going to be like a reunion!" Fay said and turned towards me with a smile. I sighed and faced her.

"Fay sweetheart, I was born into poverty. I was born in the village like we're going to, nothing lavish about it! No hot men, no clear water and absolutely no pretty clothes." I said and turned back in my seat.

Ever since me and my family left Arabia I haven't had much contact with it. We were really poor and living in a hut in the dessert. Our village had no life to it and my parents were barely making ends meet.

We had to leave, and when I say leave I mean everything. Our homes, our friends and our family. I haven't seen any of them since I was 13 and now I'm 17.

I only hope the village were going to is better off then what I had. I hope we can do something to help these people. I guess that's why I became so determined to help people because I know what it's like to be at the bottom, to have nothing. I want to help people to see that you can go form the bottom to the top, my family did.

Before, my father was no more than a mere farmer and it didn't work out well since there was no land to farm. The king that still ruled the land was a tyrant and took everything we had, that's why we became so poor. Everyone suffered accept him and he didn't give it a second thought.

The ways of my people are different yes and we still act as if it were in ancient times but that's all we ever knew. We were secluded from the real world. And just like ancient times there was the king the public and the peasants. That's the way it worked long ago and that's the way it works now. But now my father is an accountant in Florida, so he did pretty well from being a lowly peasant. I think...

"-and I didn't even think they like each other but supposedly Eric did and when he asked her out she totally denied him in front of his friends!" Fay gossiped with Meiko, guess I zoned out.

Meiko and Fay were like the school gossipers anything and everything that happened at our school came and went through them. They were always stewing trouble with the info they got.

"whatevs but I totally think that she already did him and that's why she rejected him, he has a small dick!" Meiko said back to Fay. "I think your right, what about you Haddassa?" Fay asked, I turned to her to see

them looking at me expectantly.

"huh, oh-um yeah!" I said, I wasn't paying attention so whatever. "ugh you weren't even listening were you!" I shook my head, they sighed and went back to their conversation and I went back to gazing out the widow.