Rooftop Redo

Hawkmoth must be some kind of desperate because he once again akumatized Mr. Pigeon. Of course, Ladybug and Cat Noir had the fight down pat as it took under forty- five seconds. The poor bird lover came to with a sad look painted on his face. "Hawkmoth used me again, didn't he?"

Cat Noir smiled at the man. "It's not your fault, M. Ramier. Hawkmoth is a cruel man, that's why Ladybug and I are here to help and save you from his power."

"And having a passion isn't always a problem. Use your passion to make things better. Find a way to make things positive instead of believing there is no hope," Ladybug encouraged.

M. Ramier smiled at the two heroes. "You're right, but you both should take a break some time."

Cat helped the pigeon lover stand. "Don't worry. I was just about to talk to Ladybug about that. Take care of yourself so that this cat and bug don't have to track you down."

The man smiled as the two heroes jumped out of sight behind some chimneys. Ladybug crossed her arms as she studied her partner. "What's that you wanted to talk to me about?" she smirked.

"Just hear me out," he rushed. "I know neither of us has a date for Valentine's Day, so why don't we patrol and have some goodies as we do our rounds? It'll be fun. Two super hero friends doing their jobs while enjoying the treats of the season. What do you say, Buggaboo?"

They've been partners for two years Now and Cat Noir claims any sort of affection he shows now is friendship only. Ladybug knew this was his way of making her comfortable and to move on without too much pain. Fortunately, that wasn't necessary. Ladybug realized soon after New York of her long-lasting feelings for Cat Noir. She's liked him for almost as long as Adrien (without realizing it), but the scary thing was that her feelings for the silly kitty were stronger than her feelings for the young model.

Ladybug, being the tease she knows she is, pretended to contemplate Cat's idea. Only. She already knew her answer. "Yeah, let's do it."

"I have other reasons, too." Apparently, Cat Noir didn't hear her correctly. "We need to relax and-"

"Cat..."

" ... Let's not forget-"

"Cat?'

"... and also the fact-"

"Cat!"

Finally, those two cute cat ears heard her. "What?" he asked, looking ready for rejection.

"I said 'yes', Chaton."

"Oh," he said, shyly rubbing the back of his head. "Then I'll see you tomorrow night for our partner patrol."

Ladybug waved as she jumped off the building and swung away. "See you tomorrow for our date."

Cat Noir stood there stunned. She said 'date,' right? The boy shook his head clear. 'She probably didn't mean to.' He thought as he made his way home.

After returning home, Marinette went right to work on finding candles and fake rose petals her parents had left over from their stay-at-home date from the night before. Tikki flew around her human, confused. "Marinette? What are you doing pulling these out?" the little bug kwami asked.

"Cat invited me for a 'relaxing time together' next patrol. I'm going to make it a date," Marinette said, digging through her closet to find a bag. "Got it." Marinette showed the bag of rose petals and candles into her duffle bag and set an alarm for an hour before patrol.

The kwami was beyond confused. "I thought you liked Adrien?"

The young designer sighed heavily before pulling a picture off the wall. "It doesn't matter how hard I try to push him away, that cat will always turn my head his way. Even turning my head from a sweet, handsome model." Marinette collected all Adrien related material and threw it in a box for disposal on a later date.