Chapter 15

With wavering eyes, Taehyung stood before Nari, who had taken her seat opposite his desk and was taking a sip from the coffee he had ordered for her before she was to let him know of the reason she had ended up here even though the last memory of her consisted of curses towards him and a slap that felt still fresh all of a sudden.

"I...am happy to see that you are doing well." He uttered hesitantly and as she looked up to him leaving the cup back on the desk, Taehyung understood well that she didn't believe that he meant what he said.

"I am really sorry to have ended up here and I am even more sorry to be approaching you of all people...but...Jimin didn't seem to even bother to give me the time of the day." She cut to the case with confidence in her eyes and a smile on her lips, which left Tahyung a bit interested to hear further.

She was someone who hated him dearly, after all. And she sure had every reason to. Nari was Jimin's second girlfriend after Nerin and he had really used her as a saving boat to get himself out of the fresh mess he was in back then. But it was too obvious that it wasn't love, even to Taehyung himself. Because he had chosen just because she resembled NeeRin. The way she sits, the way she dresses, the way she smiles, and her hair color, even her name sounded alike. She was nothing but a moment of desperation to move on for Jimin and for Taehyung, she was the first with who he proved his threat to his brother. He did steal her from him. She and many more after her, just as he had claimed that he would.

"I need money. A big amount. Can you lend it to me?" Nari left those words to escape from her lips with a heavy heart, as she would literally die than ever borrow money from either of them but she was in a tight spot and those two brothers were the only people she knew of that would be capable to access such an amount of money easily.

"May I know the exact amount?" Taehyung asked as he without hesitation reached his drawer and took out of it his checkbook, ready to write on her name whatever amount she was to utter.

His action made Nari a bit uncomfortable as she couldn't believe that he was gonna give her the money so easily. No asking why she needed it, not anything of the million things she had thought they might ask her.

"Ah...It's...150,000$"

"Have 200,000 then." He replied as he wrote the amount down and signed the check soon, landed it right before her eyes.

"See, that's why I didn't want to take money from you. You make it feel as if you are buying my pain." She murmured with her head low as she retrieved the check from the desk and folded it nicely before placing it in her pocket.

"I will definitely return it. It's just a borrow, you hear me?" She uttered as she finally looked at Taehyung, with eyes slightly teary yet they had strength laid in them. A strength that reminded him of her stubbornness before she grabbed her things and left the room.

Taehyung stood there silent for a bit, feeling the weight of the atmosphere that had changed, burdening him. He knew that she hated him yet to have fallen this low meant that she needed that money for something very important to her, that's why he didn't hesitate to give her any, no matter if she ever returned it to him or not. To not mention the fact that he felt emotionally guilty just by hearing her name. He really had done many mistakes. Enough for this thought to get born once again in his head.

Do I really deserve a happy life? Do I really deserve to have someone that loves me truly?

---Time skip---

Jin took his seat in front of Namjoon's office who was yet to notice his presence as he was lying face down on his desk, his hands spread upon the sides of his desk as if he was trying to hug the furniture. It was a sight that brought a slight smile to the older and made him restrain himself from bursting a laugh.