Start of a New Year

Thank you DDLDarkHeartofWater for helping me!

Jesse's point of view

Chazz and him were walking throught the halls side by side, talking on and on about Duel Monsters. It was the beginning of their second year at Duel Academy and things were going to be different. How? Because they were going to ignore all the bullies that wanted to beat them up because they were different than everybody else. They were going to prove to Chancler Shepherd that they were as good of duelists as the new King of Games, Jaden Yuki.

Just the thought of the brunette duelist sent chills down the tealette's spine. How that guy could go around and not take over the world with just his looks, Jesse would never know.

"....Jesse... Jesse.. Jesse. JESSE ANDERSON!"

The southern teen jumped, "What Chazz?" He asked turning towards the ravenette calling to him. "They're here..." Chazz muttered clenching onto the sleeve of Jesse's light purple shirt. He glanced down, Chazz was really out of character today... Jesse glanced over to see what he was looking at, "Fuck." Jesse cussed quietly, earning a strange look from Chazz, "Since when did you swear?"

The taller teen just sighed, "Since summer." Chazz's surprised look stayed, along with his silence.
Jesse clenched his fist as the usual group of bullies, "Hey fag." They smirked. The lead of the group, Ethan, walking forward. "I heared that you and Alexis hooked up over the summer."

Jesse tensed, he wasn't sure what was happening. Sure he and Alexis hung out over the summer but nothing really happened. Alexis' family invited him along to go to the beach in Australia, and no way in hell was he going to stay home along while Chazz was on vacation with his stupid family, so he agreed. One thing lead to another and she just kissed the guy but nothing beyond that. It was kinda strange anyway... But Jesse let her done the best he could without being rude and voila, friendship healed.

So what these guys were talking about he had no clue.

"Um.. That's not what really happened." Jesse replied. The group snickered, "We know your lying." Ethan smirked. "Actually, I'm not. Don't believe me, then let's duel."
"I don't need to duel you to prove that I'm right, but if you really want to die so soon..." Ethan's smirk grew, "I'm sure we can work something out."

Jesse glared at the brunette, this guy was really getting on his nerves.

Ethan raised an eyebrow, "Or we could always beat you up again. That's always fun." He and his buddies snickered.
Chazz tensed, "Don't ya worry Chazz, I'll make sure they won't get to ya." Jesse said, his southern accent quiet obvious. Chazz's been through enough already at home. He doesn't need these 'ere bullies to add to the pain.

"I don't need your help. I can take care of myself." He muttered, but his voice lacked it's usual confidence it carried.
"Jesse Anderson. Chazz Princeton. Please report to the Chancler's office immediately." The secretary announced over the overcom.
Ethan growled, glaring up at the speaker, "You got lucky gays. But don't think it'll last."

"Didn't plan on it." Jesse resorted as he and Chazz made their way down the hall. Chazz didn't relax til the bullies were out of sight, and even then he was tenser than usual.
"Chazz," Jesse asked the ravenette, "You ok?"
"I'm fine." Chazz resorted, not looking over at Jesse. "I just have things going on at home, that's all."
"Such as?" Jesse pressed slightly.
Chazz pretended not to hear him as they reached the Chancler Shepard's office. They walked in to see Chancler Shepard sitting at his desk with someone next to him looking out the window, his back turned.

"You wanted to see us, sir?" Jesse asked.

"Yes, I want you too to meet a special guest the Academy will be hosting for the next year." Shepard stood up, "Boys, this is Jaden Yuki. The King of Games."