Part 1

The cold breeze swished around making Zander's black and purple locks flow with the wind. Luke stared at him in awe his big golden eyes piercing Zander's soul. Zander's cheeks turned pink as Luke's eyes sparkled in the moonlight. His brownish orangeish hair creating a fire-like effect as it flowed. Everyone was yelling with excitement as the big TV everyone hauled outside earlier that day counted down. "FIVE, FOUR, THREE, TWO, ONE" Luke grabbed Zander's back his muscular hands pulling Zander in as their lips locked.

          BEEP, BEEP, The alarm yelled as Zander groaned rolling around in his bed. Almost right as he decided to open his eyes Hailey burst in her dark seafoam hair flying everywhere. "Get up!" She yelled. "I'm going, I'm going." Zander snapped lazily. He pushed Hailey out of his room and threw on his purple tuxedo and his jet black jeans. He ran downstairs where Hailey was waiting for him. He ate his daily fruit bowl breakfast at the long island in the kitchen. The smooth marble top with wooden stools that have a soft leather pillow type cushion.

          After Zander gobbled his breakfast he ran into Hailey and then scrambled into his bathroom and brushed his teeth faster than fast. He ran back downstairs where Hailey handed him his backpack and jacket. "Bye Mom, bye Mark!" Zander yelled at his mom and stepdad as he and Hailey left for school. Hailey said bye too then they ran out the door. They passed through the park they pass everyday which by now was covered in beautiful untouched snow. Zander's teeth started to clatter as the cold fell in while Hailey was looking around in awe at the frosted over the area.

          Winter was Hailey's favorite season no doubt. She loved the snow, the aesthetic, and mostly everything about winter. Zander didn't have a favorite. He mainly focused on the cons of seasons but winter did remind him of Luke and all the Christmas's they had spent together. The snowball fights they would always have, all the activities, and sitting next to the fire together. It was all so amazing.

          They finally reached the school where the rest of the music club was waiting outside for them. "About time princess." Jake joked with Hailey. She rolled her eyes and tried to hide a smirk. Zander caught eyes with Luke and blushed. He quickly looked down and Luke frowned. The tension had been real between them since Zander caught Luke kissing Stacy a month ago. Everyone frowned at the sight of the best friends so sad.

           The bell rang and everybody rushed into the school. Zander headed off to his first class which was chemistry. Zander's mind kept heading off to Luke which made it hard to listen. A couple of times the teacher yelled at him to get his attention. His cheeks were flushed with red and Zander was continuing to not listen to the class. The bell rang signaling the end of class and Zander was still daydreaming.

          Hailey gave him a few taps on the shoulder. Zander looked up and noticed the rest of the class was already gone. Zander blushed in embarrassment. "Thanks..." he mumbled. Hailey smirked. "No problem Loverboy." Hailey responded. Zander's whole face turned as red as a baboons butt, as he quickly grabbed all of his stuff and walked out in anger and embarrassment.

          In the hall, Zander encountered Luke who smiled and waved. Zander smiled awkwardly back and kept on walking. Luke tried to stop him but it did not work. Luke frowned while Hailey walked up behind him and touched his shoulder softly due to the fact she knew what Luke felt for Zander. "He'll come back soon. I promise." She reassured him which made Luke a little better but not much.

          It was only days before new years at this point and Zander was not excited. Everybody else would have dates except him. Even Hailey! Zander had overheard Jake talking about asking her out a few days before and knew that Hailey liked him back. Sean would have Daisy, Milly would have Elliot (she finally mustered up the courage), Hailey would have Jake, and who would Zander have, no one! Zander of course wanted to go with Luke but Luke would never love Zander in his mind.