After work fluff

Two shifts in a row has taken a real toll on me. It's bad enough that I have to spurn the emotions of a teenage girl.

The human body is so needy. I didn't realize how much work went into just staying alive. I have to eat three times a day and drink water and sleep eight hours, I don't know how they do it.

I enter our little apartment where Ashiya is folding some laundry.

"Hey." I say to him while taking off my shoes at the door.

"How was work?"

"Eh, it was tiring. Long lines on a Saturday you know. How was your day?" I lean down to give him a little peck on the cheek. No matter how many times I kiss him the blush never gets any softer.

"It was good. I picked up some melon that was on sale." He says, gesturing to the fruit on the counter.

"Want me to make dinner tonight?" I offer. He looks tired and I think he did more chores then he's letting on.

"That'd be great love." I smile at the affectionate nickname. It's been about a year and we're mostly used to human life.

***
We sit over steaming plates of curry and rice. Ashiya smiles up from his food.

"What're you smiling about?" I ask.

"I'm happy." His sincere words hit me right in the heart. "I think that we've made a peaceful life for ourselves."

"You're happy in the human world? With no magic?"

"Are you not?" I think for a second and grab his hand under the table.

"Yes I'm happy. I love you."

"I love you too."