new place

The house towered over the young teen as he gazed at it from the gate.
well not much of a house more like a mansion.

It was a mansion.

Pure white snow covered the ground, it covered the roof of the mansion giving it a Christmas look, at least it would have if the place was not so worn an needing a good coat of paint.

the walls had worn down to a old cracked broken grayish black, the place was old an looked bad, yet besides the fixing up an paint, the place looked like it was in good shape, from what he could tell.

Bring his hands up to his face he blew into his cloves trying to warm them an keep the cold december air from nipping at his fingertips, the cold air turning his face, and the tips of his ears a soft pink

He stared up at it looking into each window he could see, watching for something, anything. The feeling of someone stepping up to his side, silently entering his peripheral vision had not startled him like it would have a normal person.

He could never be startled by the mirror image of himself, not even when he spoke.

'' do you think it's really here? ''

He didn't pull away when the words where a whisper beside his ear, even as a cold chill went down his spine

'' I don't know, but it's the only place left, and the letter says we should be here''

He responded turning towards the familiar figure, his eyes locking on the familiar face of the curly blonde teen, hazel orbs stared back into his own matching hazel eyes.

'' well, we cannot just stand out here... let's go.''

Taking a quick breath, he watched as his breath came out in a soft cloud of steam

Making his way into the mansion it was far warmer, the sound of a fire crackling in the room to his left.

Stomping his feet at the door a bit he knocked off the snow that had collected on his shoes and pants.
hazel eyes took in their surroundings.

The place was as old as it was on the outside, yet the inside had been taken care of far better than the outside, he could not blame the owners for that really.

Taking care of a normal house was hard enough now a mansion?
ha, take care of what you can, a slowly work from there.

That is what his father always told him, and it's true although the outside was rough looking the inside was comfortable, welcoming, an felt like home.

The blonde could feel the heat from the mansion's ac unit blowing through the vent just behind the little side table at the enters, the hot air warming his legs before he stepped farther inside.

the inside was painted a soft warm cream color, with darker framing woods of a maroon color, a large staircase traveled up to the first floor halfway before splitting into two separate ones, one leading to the left side, while the other was to the right.

He wonders silent if his roommates and his rooms where on separate sides, shaking the thought from his mind quickly he continued to look around

The door to his left led into a large living room area, two sofas facing the fire at an angle, a love set sat facing the living room window, a comfortable armchair sat with its back to the window, dark wood side tables settled beside each seat, along with lamps. He could spot a pencil case a large notebook lay open on one of the love seat, with what appeared to be the beginning of a sketch of some kind on it, a game controller settled beside it, and of course exactly what he heard when he entered, the fire made it much better, adding to the welcoming air and feel even more like home.

A tv sat on top of the fireplace, a vase of flowers sitting beside it, a couple of old paintings on the walls, a large bookcase takes up the wall on the right, filled with books.
the blonde made his way over towards the bookcase, hazel orbs dance over the spine of each book. Slipping one out to read the name before putting it back, while some he would open an read a few words before shaking his head and slipping it back onto the shelf.

'' why are you looking through these?''

His mirror image asked leaning against the cherry wood bookcase, arms crossed over his chest while looking at him with a raised brow

'' you know it isn't going to be that easy.''

Hazel orbs rolled in annoyance while he took a deep breath through his nose, he turned to the other blonde a brow raised in question.

'' yes, I know, but you don't know what could happen-''
he was cut off by a small huff was his answer as his twin rolled his eyes.
'' okay, you know what you pain in my-''

The sound of someone giggling softly stopped him from continuing.
turning to the doorway he was met with the sight of a small, sweet, gentle, and cute girl.

Her dark red hair pulled into a pair of twin braids, wearing a soft pink off the shoulder's sweater dress, a pair of black leggings, soft pearl pink earrings, and furry cream-colored boots.

'' sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt I only wanted to see who was talking is all. ''

She explained with a soft smile, hands held behind her back.

He didn't know what to say his eyes flashing down to the floor '' aw, you're blushing'' the teasing comment having been made side him, making him shoot his twin a glare, while he only smirked back at him

Another giggle filled the air as the red-haired girl made her way to sit down on one of the sofas, gently waving to the other sofa.

Smiling he walked over and sat down across from her, now able to see what he couldn't before.

'' I'm Lilly, it's nice to meet you...?''

Right, he didn't introduce himself, taking a deep breath he smiled

'' I'm Zackary, but you can just call me Zack. It's nice meeting you Lilly''