Chapter One: Green

Jen was pretty. She didn't have the bright pink cheeks and perfect blonde ringlets of today's fashion models, but she was pretty none the less. Maybe it was her white white skin contrasting against her forest green eyes and dark hair. Or maybe... Maybe it was just her attitude. But it couldn't be denied that Jen was attractive.

Every morning at a quarter to eight, Jen would wake up and toss her hair onto her back briskly. She'd wash her face and dress in the typical white dress of the school uniform. The white was spotless and crisp, the kind of white you would find in a carefully cleaned hospital. Jen hated it. It was hard enough to keep her hair out of her eyes that she'd need to care for her dress. Then Jen would walk into her teal colored bathroom with the metal tub and sink and the chemical smelling candles. She'd brush her teeth, tie her hair up and take out a little box, padlocked and tied with gold chain. She'd take out a key that was hidden under the sink and unlock the box. There lay Jen's most important possessions.

The baby blue contact lenses were impeccably clean. They were made to match everyone else's eyes. Jen wore them every day, her life depended on it. The government didn't like anyone who didn't have baby blue eyes, the penalty was time in prison.