If you

If I could, if I could tell you about my longing for you, that grows like hair.

I didn't know.

I didn't know I could love you this much, I didn't know I would feel empty without you, I didn't know I would regret letting you go.

"Mingyu" he called "is... is there something you would like to tell me before I go?"

"I..." the latter hesitated "you're a good friend, I'll miss you."

The younger sighed "you're... you're special to me, I'll miss you too."

He wanted to say more, he wanted to scream his name and stop him but he didn't.

Reality hit him, he was left alone and his other half was flying back home.

If I could, if I could see you, your eyes darker than the night sky.

"Gyu!" the younger laughed "stop!"

"Not until you tell me who's the person you like!" Mingyu was tickling Minghao, he always did when the younger refused to share something he wanted to know.

"I..." Minghao couldn't speak properly "I don't like anyone!"

Mingyu pouted, stoping their game "but I heard you telling your friend-"

"Jun" he interrupted "I lied because he was bothering me and wanted to match me with someone."

"But, isn't he in China?" he asked.

"Oh... Yes, he is." said the younger.

"Then?" Mingyu was confused "how could he match you with someone if you're here and not there?"

"Well... I was planning to tell you" the younger said "I'm going back to China soon."

Mingyu looked at him "but... why?"

"I'm an exchange student, remember?" he said sadly "is time for me to go."

"When?" he asked.

"In a month." Minghao replied and silence filled the room.

If it’s there, in the film that I’ve missed until now, If it’s there, in our past memories.

"Why are you drinking so much?" the younger asked.

Mingyu swallowed all the liquid his glass had and looked at him "come on! have some fun Hao, why are we here if not to get drunk and dance?"

Minghao sighed, he wasn't a party person but he would go anywhere Mingyu asked to.

"Fine." he had a few drinks.

After a while they were on the dancefloor, smiling and enjoying.

I’ll dive in and swim, the scent is deeply embedded, so the emptiness becomes a boat for me.

"How are you doing?" his friend asked.

Mingyu sighed "fine, I guess."

"You're not the same" Seokmin said "not after Minghao-"

"Is not about him" he interrupted "is just..."

"When will you stop denying?" Seokmin asked "not even two months and you're dead already."