Part 1

January 1991,

Edinburgh, Scotland

The Jones Family Home

The room was filled with the scent of three foods. Scrambled eggs, bacon, and oatmeal. The aromas traveled the air making those occupants of the house hungry. It was breakfast time at Jones's. Pans and pots lined the kitchen, mugs at each seat, and cases of milk and orange juice.

"Pop, eat your eggs. They'll get cold soon," said Jennifer while flipping the bacon.

The ancient floorboards in the house stirred with envy. Boom after boom, you could tell what was coming. Emily Jones was the turbulent one of the household. Her 7-year-old self was one not to mess with.

"Mama, where is my JUICE?" she wailed while jumping on the kitchen floor.

"Please be patient..." Jennifer sighed, wicking the sweat off her forehead.

Meanwhile, on the island, the other members spoke softly while chewing their breakfasts.

"I heard that he signed with Jordan-Ford yesterday. That could mean millions..." said Arthur, while looking over the pre emptiness of the scene.

"Schumacher? The kid does not know what he is doing. There's a lot more he can prove..." Pop said, playing with his fork. He had seen it all. From the Second World War to the Times, it was good to find a bit of inner peace.

The fellow chatter among the compatriots did not seem to appease Jennifer. Her 7-year-old daughter was not keen on the rest of her family. She did not have many friends, nor memories. Emily was Jennifer's delight and despair. The catalyst of the family. Now, she was stuck at that moment.

"Your breakfast is here, Emily," Jennifer said while moving the eggs on the plate.

Emily's feet stomped with excitement. She ran to her seat.

"Well, that's one problem taken care of. What is next?" Jennifer asked herself.

"Son, how is your work? I'm guessing your fellows aren't as sensational as you thought they'd be." Pop asked his son.

"Work is alright, Pop. Couldn't make a pence out of that, can make one out of this. After all, things are changing." replied Arthur.

Arthur at 40 years old started a new business. He built a communications company with many employees. Dawn of a new age began just a few years ago, with the World Wide Web taking many by storm. Now, he'd be in the centerpiece of this new, radical movement.

"Things are changing for sure. You got a few pence?" replied Pop.

Arthur took some gold coins from his pocket and tossed them into Pop's hands.

"What do you need those for?" said Arthur, looking at Pop's hands.

"I need to make a call." Pop replied, in a stern voice.

Pop moved out of his high chair and grabbed his cane. In the meantime, Jennifer was sipping her glass of orange juice. She looked over at her daughter, puzzled. She seemed to enjoy her food. It could only mean one opportunity...

"Emily! Could you please grab the caddy?" Jennifer spoke out.

"MMMM." she replied.

"It's in the basement, a wooden box with a golden latch," Jennifer said.

"I'll go get it, mummy!" Emily screamed.

She hopped out of her chair and scurried down the hallway, with the floorboards creaking with delight. Jennifer removed her eyes from Emily's sight, looking at Pop. He struggled to walk, grabbing his back. She sighed at the sight, thinking about how she can make him feel better. A voice echoed through the room.