Chapter 1 (Overload)

Chapter 1

"Where did he go, The Queen isn't going to be happy about this," a guard said. I held my breath as they passed by my bedroom window, I was outside the room, standing on a ledge that ran across the walls of the castle. Waiting against the wall till I heard no one in the hall. I let out a sigh and jumped from the ledge onto a bush that was a floor under my room. I got from the ground and looked to see if anyone was outside. I started brushing some of the leaves, and dirt off my beige hoodie short sleeve hoodie, white rolled up sleeves, and my black sweatpants.

I looked up to see if anyone was coming outside, "No one, like always" I said. I tried to take a step, but then I ended up tripping on my laces. I face planted the ground, getting a mouth full of grass, and getting a scratch near my eye. I pushed myself off the ground, and sat on the freshly cut grass with my feet in front of me, I looked like an idiot. Like a starving cow who had just been given a fresh field of grass all to itself, ugh, I spat out the grass trying to ignore the taste of grass in my mouth. I checked to see if I had damaged my black and white converse, which side note these shoes are easily dirtied. I didn't dirty them very much so that was good, I guess.

I felt a sudden rush of pain surge on my face, I started feeling near my left eye. There was a smear of blood that crossed two of my fingers, my index and middle finger. " Oh things just keep getting better, don't they" I said sarcastically to myself as I went to tie my laces and trust me I did a double naught this time. I got up on my knees and took the black backpack off my shoulders, and put it on the grass. I unzipped my backpack and looked through all the stuff I had inside. I grabbed a blue zip up bag and well unzipped it. In the little blue bag were things needed to heal wounds such as: Adhesive tape, adhesive bandages, sterile gauze pads, Elastic bandages, cotton balls and swabs, strands of ripped fabric, Zekram shots (you'll find out what they are soon), two scalpels, a bottle filled with tap water, and rubbing alcohol (hydrogen peroxide).

I grabbed the bag of cotton balls and the bottle of tap water. I opened the bag of cotton balls and took out two cotton balls, they were white and soft to the touch. I layed the bag on the grass and put the cotton balls on the bag. I grabbed the bottle of tap water and grabbed the cap. I screwed the cap off and placed it on the grass, I then grabbed one of the cotton balls and patted my eye with it, seeing how the blood stuck on to it, once was a white ball of fluff, is now a holder of blood. "Don't take it personally, little cotton ball even though I could have picked any other cotton ball. '' I whispered to the cotton ball. Holding it in the palm of my hand I chuckled at my childish behavior, as I finished cleaning the excess blood. I then put the cotton down on the bag and picked up the clean cotton ball. Placing the cotton ball on the top opening of the bottle, I flipped it over and quickly flipped it back, to get some of the water on the cotton ball. I patted outside and the inside of the wound, it's good I didn't use the rubbing alcohol because, oh jeez that would have stung.

Once I finished cleaning the wound I put everything back, putting the bottle, and the cotton ball bag back in the blue bag and into my backpack. I then got up and threw the cotton balls through the window of my room, so they wouldn't be outside and some person would try and do something with blood or something. I am not planning to be the cause of the Angels coming and having some kind of virus to wipe us out, nope not today. I turned to grab my book bag when I heard a loud screech from above me, I looked up in surprise.

A bird, that's what the sound was coming from, but not just any bird, it was the Hephas Bird. The Hephas bird is about 18 feet in length, and a wing span of 26 feet. They are graceful birds, white-orange tinted feathers with crimson colored tips. The claws and beak are crimson, and the eyes are ruby red. It has feathers on the side of it's head that point above it at an angle that form what is called, a Royal Bird Crown. The crowns are used to attract mates, and to show how powerful the bird is, the bigger the feathers the more powerful they seem. I have always wanted one of these birds, a powerful bird for a powerful kid, powerful to a point to be honest. The Hepha flew over me and went straight towards a big forest that I was going to, well, trying to go to.