A Comforting Hand

Faultless stars twinkled as pools of cool water circled Nagito's bare feet. The night's air was crisp and cold as nagito stared at his reflection in the pool's water.

"They probably all hate me now.", Nagito said to himself. Seeing as the pool at this hour was empty, everyone was most likely sleeping snuggly in their cottages. "Even-" He stopped himself. He knew the brown haired boy obviously hated his guts. He just wished that Hajime understood that it was for everyone's sake. A lowlife such as himself couldn't even begin to dream of being on the same level as the ultimates. This was all he could do. become a stepping stone for everyone's hope even if it means causing great despair.

Nagito ran a hand through his messy white hair. Even if Hajime didn't hate him, Nagito doubted that he would ever want to be friends with him again or even see him in the same light. Nagito sighed gripping his heart. He felt a sharp pain in his chest when he recited over those words again in his head. Hajime was the first one to ever actually try to get to know him. To think it could be over this fast. What rotten luck.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

The boy with the brown spiked hair pulled on his locks as his fell face first onto his soft bed with a huff. After the maddness of the class trial two people were already dead. One murdered, the other the murderer. Those words were enough to make Hajime sick. And to think that Nagito, someone he put his trust in, helped him get along with everybody, and someone he investigated with tried to commit a murder. Of course he didn't actually murder anyone but he had the intention and he still has those same intentions. Before the trial Nagito seemed so... kind and- harmless, but during the class trial he showed us all a different side of him. Someone cunning, calculating, and willing to put his life on the line for the sake of his twisted sense of "hope".

Hajime flopped onto his back to look up at the cottage's ceiling only for thoughts of nagito to come crashing through. Which side of Nagito is the real Nagito? The caring guy who helped and accompanied him when he was all alone or the nagito he had seen before with spirals of hope and despair pooling in his eyes. The eyes of someone willing to let everyone use him at their disposal. The eyes of someone who wouldn't hesitate to murder.

Hajime squeezed his eyes shut. He didn't want to think of any of this anymore. The brown haired stumbled out of bed and outside of his cottage in his usual dress shirt and tie attire. Maybe a nice stroll would keep his mind off of the whole situation. The night was cold and uninviting making Hajimee shiver, hardly unbothered he ignored it and kept strolling along.

Wandering around freely he finally stopped at the beach. Upon his first step in the sand he noticed a familiar figure. Quickly out of fear and shock upon what he had found Hajime scurried to hide behind a palm tree. in the end that attempt ended up being fruitile as the palm tree barely covered half of Hajime's body. All it would take was one glance in the opposite direction from the figure for his cover to be blown.

White billowing hair, gleaming porcelin skin, and a cool composure. From what it seems the flustered boy had incidentally followed Nagito all the way to the beach.

"Maybe he also had trouble sleeping?" Hajime whisped to himself. Following the boy with his eyes he saw nagito position himself in the sand. With the other's arms behind himself holding up his thin frame, and his head thrown all the way back in admirance of the night's sky, Hajime felt stuck in place. His brown eyes carefully observed the white hairs every sudtle movement, so much so that Hajime had forgotten all about the cold.

Damnit! If it wasn't for Nagito, Terru Terru and Togami would still be alive right now! If Terru Terru hadn't stepped in when he had, Nagito wouldn't even be here right now... But- wait would that really have stopped the murder from happening? Terru Terru did commit a murder and then proceded to hide it from the rest of us. If we hadn't figured out who had commited the murder, none of us would be here right now... I just wanna know why- ... why nagito would even think to do that. Why sacrifice himself so easily? That's enough, I'll as him myself!