Chapter 1 - A new challenge awaits

The year is 2012 in Hamburg, Germany where the Hamburg under 16s team are in a training session and all players were doing their warm-ups and stretches until a car arrived at the gates of the training ground which had all the players immediately stare at the unknown arrival.

Then a 5 foot 7 blonde teenager stepped out the vehicle in casual clothing and all the players had a happy but confused look on their faces as the blonde teen walked over to them, but he was greeted by the players with "It's you!" they exclaimed in disbelief which only made the blo nde German smile a bit as it was followed by "Karl-Heinz Schneider!!".

"It's good to see you all... for the last time on the same team" the Hamburg players were shocked at what they heard "My... transfer to Bayern Munich is now official" he announced to the over players dismay, they didn't take the news lightly as they started asking rapid-fire questions like "Why are you leaving Hamburg?" "Why are you leaving your hometown?" "Aren't you a true born of this club?" and all questions were answered in the same way "Bayern is just a better gateway to many opportunities for my career, it's just that simple and there is no betrayal to this club or Hamburg itself." this baffled all the players as Schneider continued "They also granted me a pro contract for next season and then I'll be in the best position to claim my dream of..... Being the best footballer in the world and Bayern saw my potential to that extent" as calmly told as he looked up to the sky with a promising look

As the players looked on in pure shock there was one that didn't do so, a Japanese goalkeeper by the name of Genzo Wakabayashi, who transferred over to Germany from Japan 3 years ago after he was asked to by his mentor, Tatsuo Hikame, which helps Genzo to become such a great goalie. "So that's how it's gonna be Schneider" he calmly said and the striker replied "I guess so, but how about we make this our last duel on the training pitch" he picked up a ball and pointed towards Wakabayashi "And if I remember correctly, it's 50-49 to you so I've got to even it out" he smirked as the two walked to the pitch and dropped the ball outside the 18-yard box "Here I go Wakabayashi, 'Fire Shot!!!!!!'".

Meanwhile, in Japan, the tryouts for the All-Japan Jr. Youth team is taking place and 17 out of 24 players that are chosen will go to Europe and play in the Junior youth tournament, these players were chosen by the previous and last national tournament for most of the players in the tryouts. "It seems that everyone is getting used to each other now and it's only the third day of camp," said by a former player named Jun Misugi, who played in the same national tournament as the other players "yeah, but the tour will start soon and we to choose each player carefully" explained the coach, Tatsuo Mikame, as they watched on the players were doing their laps which was lead by Hyuga Kojiro, the previous captain of Toho academy, with Hikaru Matsuyama, the previous captain of Furano middle school, was just trailing behind.

"Alright everyone, that's enough. Get a training bib off of Misugi for a training match" shouted Mikame, 'the players are really getting along now, but the only ones who are really missing are Tsubasa and someone who I think can strengthen this team' the former goalie thought while smile as the players were getting ready for their training match.

"Desculpe-me de o interrompe." "Não há de que". Two people, a teacher and a student were going through a Portuguese lesson and the 15-year-old student was no other than, Tsubasa Ozora, who was learning Portuguese so he could be ready when he goes to Brazil to finally meet up with his mentor and idol, Roberto Hongo a former world-class footballer who suffered damage to his retinas that made him have to quit the sport entirely, after their departure 3 years ago.

At this point, Tsubasa can only be optimistic about things since he's so close to seeing him again until his train of thought was jogged by a voice "that was great Tsubasa you seem to be gettin' your head around this" this voice was his Portuguese teacher, a Brazilian named Carlos, "say, Carlos, could we have a break please?" Tsubasa asked politely to which Carlos answered: "you can play football when your foot is healed and knowing you, you'd break it again!" The Brazilian shouted, Tsubasa only whined a little before getting back to his work and then he looked out the window and pondered if and when he does go to Europe, will he finally get to see his best-friend Taro Misaki and this made him remember the good times when playing alongside Misaki in elementary school until a thump came across the back of his head as Carlos shouted again for him to get back to work, to which Tsubasa did whilst rubbing the lump on the back of his head.

Back in Germany, Wakabayashi and Schneider's duel continues as the 'Fire shot' was blitzing towards the goal and Wakabayashi reacts to the shot by diving to his right with both arms stretched out to make the save and then, BANG!!!, the ball crashes into the back of the net without a touch from Wakabayashi, who is now in awe because of the shot even though he's beaten it before many times but this time it felt different, more powerful than usual "that makes it 50 to 50 now, Wakabayashi" the blonde German smirked whilst controlling his breathing "your shot has gotten more threatening and faster than ever that I couldn't even get a finger to it" the keeper was on a knee on the goal line as he looked over to his fierce rival.

Wakabayashi stood up and the two glanced at one another, and Schneider spoke "we'll play each other in the Bundesliga, I don't doubt that at all and that's where we resume our competition" and the keeper picked up the ball and said "I'll definitely make sure to become a first-team regular for Hamburg so that we can continue our duel" he smirked whilst he holding the warmed up ball "but I do have my final game for Hamburg against Japan's junior youth team" he smiled being somewhat excited for the game 'yeah, I could never forget that but I wonder if the guys back in Japan know it though' the keeper thought as he looked up to the sky.

The training match in the All-Japan Jr. Youth camp was still going as we see Ryo Ishizaki get a football right to the head after he just sneezed from out of nowhere "Ishizaki!! Keep your eyes opened and stay focus" the assistant coach shouted as he laughed somewhat at the boy's antics "yeah, yeah ok, but who the hell did that" the poor teen got no answer as his teammates just laughed and carried on with Ishizaki continuing as well.

Coach Mikame was looking on at the match smiling and with looking at the teen assistant next to him he asked: "you must have thought of the strongest team now, Misugi?" the former Musashi middle school captain looked up at the coach from the piece of paper he had been writing on "yes coach, I've made my first draft of one" he held the piece of paper up and gave it the coach.

Coach Mikame glimpsed at each of the players that Misugi had written down "so it's good to see that we agree on most, but I couldn't help but notice Matsuyama at centre back" the teen answered the coach saying "well if we structure our team as GK, DF, MF, FW we could create a strong spine for the team"

Misugi's team
GK = Ken Wakashimazu
SW (Sweeper) = Hikaru Matsuyama
CB = Hiroshi Jito
CB = Shingo Takasugi
CB = Makoto Soda
LM = Kazuo Tachibana
CM = Tsubasa Ozora
RM = Mitsuru Sano
LW = Masao Tachibana
ST = Kojiro Hyuga
RW = Shun Nitta

The coach nodded as he pondered on how he could change that team with Taro Misaki and another player who should be there for the team's first match abroad. "I will say it could but that only depends if the right players are fit and ready, like Tsubasa for instance" the coach looked away for his assistant coach and back to the training game "that's the problem because our first few matches definitely won't have Tsubasa playing" the coach's tone changed to be somewhat worried as looked on to his players

————————————————————————
Word count : 1476

Sorry for deleting this the first time around, I just felt I couldn't complete this and even though I want to do a fanfic on world youth and possibly the farther arcs. I've got to first complete this

So show some support and if you can help me improve.

Peace ^^.