Kiss Me

Copyright © ClaraRodrick (Lara Ruze) ™ 2015

The moral right of the author has been asserted. All rights reserved.

Do not plagiarize this story, no part of it may be copied, reproduced or transmitted in whole or in part, in any form or by any means, in any manner without my (Clara Ricks's) written permission, any infringement of this is a violation of copyright law. It will be taken as an offence and will be dealt with properly.

If you find anyone copying my works, please do let me know.

~

No other translations of this story is available and I'm not giving any permissions to translate the story.

~

So oblivious to the world around her, she stared at the mystical scene of sunset. But it had no magic for her, not anymore. 

Pressing her feet further into the warm sand she looked at Lucas, the discription of something still very much unnoticed by her since the beginning of this conversation falling into deaf ears. It might be very important to him... and blissful too, she guessed by observing the way he was excitedly explaining it to her. 

She tried to concentrate but failed once again. She didn't have any idea how this would be so difficult, living a life without him. 

"They are going to pay me so much Emily, I'm so happy. I tell you Emily.. I knew I would get this job and see.. I did it... finally..."

Lucas laughed in joy.

Oh... he was talking about his new job. Emily felt so happy for him but still that ever existing sadness remained deep inside her.

She tried to force a brilliant smile on her lips, "And I knew it too Lucas, you deserve the best."

She put a hand upon his large one which was kept lazily on his knee.

"I'm so happy for you."

She felt his hand twitch underneath hers as he looked away blinking, his blissful smile faltering visibly. 

"I know."

He said in a small voice.

Emily couldn't decipher what was wrong with him suddenly, why this sudden change in his mood. Silently she was about to withdraw her hand from upon his but was surprised when instead he grabbed it tightly.

"Do you think I don't notice it ? I'm not a blind Emily Anderson."

"What... what are you talking about ?"

Nervously tucking a strand of stubborn hair behind her ear with her free hand Emily looked away. 

Without even looking at Lucas's direction she could just feel him smiling sadly.

"Seriously Emily, are you still going to ignore accepting it. You miss him... bad."

She closed her eyes instantly, not wanting to show him the moisture that appeared there.

Lucas waited for her to say something, anything but there was only silence and nothing else. And after it felt like ages have passed, it was him who at last broke this silence.

"I'm so sorry Emily."

Emily's head snapped up as she looked at him in confusion. What was he sorry about !!

"Whatever happened between him and me isn't your fault Lucas. Why are you saying sorry !!"

Lucas just shook his head regretfully, "But I could've prevented it Emily, you were not supposed to be seperated."