Prologue

Prologue

Out of all the days in the week, my alarm clock chose not to wake me up on one of the most important days. I let out a small cry then checked the clock to see what time it was, 10:36, it read. Meaning that I was officially late to work, again.

Slowly I climbed out of bed and made my way to the bathroom. nearly scaring myself to death, I took a peek at the mess standing in front of the mirror. I had bags under my eyes that looked like they belonged to a stressed out mother of six, my hair was jumbled at the top of my head, and the makeup i forgot to take off last night, was running down my face. I looked a hot mess.

After handling my business in the bathroom, i made my way to the kitchen to find that Jenna wasn't looking too, good either.

"I feel like a truck ran over me and then backed up to finished the job" she cried while drinking her coffee.

"Remind me to never drink that much again" she continued.

"Only if you promise to make sure i'm up on time for work" I replied, while making my way to the coffee pot.

"Work is for losers" she sang, while putting her fingers shaped like an l and placing them on her forehead.

'Work is for people who don't want to rely on someone else's money" i reminded Jenna.

As I finished my sentence, my phone started to ring. I forced myself to walk back towards my bedroom, to get my phone. When I saw what was on the screen I froze.

"Rose, who was it" she screamed from the kitchen.

"It was a text from my boss. He said I was fired" I whispered back, I was in such a shock the sound barely came out my mouth.

"I could barely hear you from all the way in the kitchen" she said while walking towards my room. "Why do you look so down all of a sudden?" she asked

Not wanting to say it out loud again, I handed my phone to her.

"Look on the bright side, now you won't have to worry about waking up so early in the morning. Now you can get up anytime you want to".

Still feeling depressed, I slumped into my bed and began to cry into my pillow. "My parents would be so disappointed in me".

"No Rosalie, they wouldn't. They would tell you how proud they are because you tried and that's all that matters" she replied back, causing my tears to stop falling. Sometimes she knew just what to say.

"Now I must go look up a recipe for a massive hangover and find the boy who stole my favorite pair of underwear last night, so don't need me' she stated as she exited my bedroom.

With a smile on my face, I got out of my bed and started looking for job openings on my computer.