Chap 1

The wind flowed softly in the meadow. I sat cross legged, surrounded by flowers that took my breath away. Picking up a small dandelion, I heard her  voice.

     Run. Forest. Now. 

     She has a way with words, as you can read. Completing my wolf's request I shifted, jumping into the deep mirth of the forest. The trees loomed over me, and as I ran faster all I could see were blurred colors of green and brown, almost every shade. I chased bunny rabbits, frightened squirrels, and completely tired myself out. Laying in the meadow close to home I stretched, letting the suns warmth coat my body. 

     "Rae! Home!" 

     My mothers loud voice rang through the woods, scaring off birds and bees alike. I slumped home, hesitant to leave the valley. But it was getting dark and I had school tomorrow. I headed home.

      "Rae!" My goofy older brother, Travis, yelled once I entered. Giving a dramatic bow, I laughed.

     "Hey Cheesball. What's for dinner?" I asked.

     "Mama's spaghetti, Dud-brain." He continued our game of A-Z insults. 

     "I call dibs on the biggest meatball, Egghead." I answered. He pouted, and I smiled. My father then walked into the room. He had a scowl above his green eyes, which I inherited. I had my mothers curly brown hair, though.

    He spoke. "The Alpha just called. Some kid was messing with the microwave in the home ec. room at the school. He poured some chemicals from the science class and now the school is being shut down untill further notice." 

     "This kid broke in on a sunday?" I scowled.

      My father nodded. "Now you're going to the closest high school, All-Star High."

     I gasped. All-Star High was the school that our rival pack went to, the High Star Pack. Our own pack, the Midnight Blue Pack, hated them. How could our Alpha agree to that? I repeated my question aloud.

    "The Alpha said that it is the only high school for 50 miles. Living in remote areas does have it's consequences." My father answered. He did not look happy. I remembered that both packs shared a preschool. So many fights between parents led people to take their children home early.

     I slumped down. My mom came in, telling us that dinner was ready. afterward, I brushed and went to bed, curled in ducky pajamas and a warm blanket.

    What will happen tomorrow?

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     Early the next morning, after breakfast, me and my brother headed down to the driveway. 

     "What do you think about this?" I asked.

     He looked away. "If Alpha Redson says it's O.K., then I guess it will be."

     I stopped bothering him.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     Walking up to the school, I could already sense the High Star wolves disgust. They surrounded a group, circling them. I could only guess that it was the Alpha's son. Me and my best friend, Melanie, passed them, trying to be ignored. That plan failed.

     "Midnight Blue Bitches! Looks like they couldn't stay away!" A dude yelled.

     "Tramps!" More insults were thrown our way, and they didn't stop with us. The whole pack was being harrased. Soon enough, Mel's dad steped out. He was the Beta, so some of the lower ranking wolves stopped. Mel blushed when he shouted.

     "Stop this nonsense! We are respectable wolves and you will treat us that way!" Some High Star wolves snickered. Mel cursed her dad for mortally embarrasing her. Everyone became silent at once. At the same time, noth our Alpha and our rival;s came out of there cars. 

     "Marcus." Alpha Redson scoweled.

     "So, Nathan. Your little school fell apart? You needed ours to support you?" The other Alpha taunted. I didn't even know why the packs hated each other. Nothing bad has happened between us since before my grandfather was born. 

     Alpha Redson growled. "No way. I would never need anything of yours." 

     The bell rang, and all the kids ran inside while the Alphas still fought. I looked at my new schedule. 

____________________________

    Math.................................................1st hour                                                                                                           Science..........................................2nd hour                                                                                                           Werewolf Biology.........................3rd hour                                                                                                             Werewolf History..........................4th hour                                                                                                             Lunch                                                                                                                                                                         English...........................................5th hour                                                                                                            Study of Werewolf Runes............6th hour                                                                                                          Study Period....................................7th hour                                                                                                           _____________________________

     Math first! really! I pouted. I looked at my new locker number and combination. All the Midnight Blue wolves were in the old west wing, which have not been used in years. It was so far from our classes that it would be very hard to go to our lockers to drop off stuff. And the number one school rule was that we couldn't use werewolf speed.

  Managing into my first hour, the teacher sent me to the back of the class, along with my packmates. Baldy. 

     "Rae!" I sat next to Mel, who was jumping up and down from exitement. We giggled, but then some body came in.

     He was tall with black hair and smoking blue eyes. He strolled in like it was no big deal that he was 3 minutes late,and the teacher took no notice either, like it was an often occurence.

     He snarled at the smell of us, but stoped suddenley, sniffing the air. He looked around untill his eyes met mine.

    Mate.