Chapter 1

It doesn't happen very often, but once the finale of the build up occurs, it's big. Not huge. But big. No, Im not talking about a tv finale, but simply just arguments, fights. But what some people might not realise is that it's not just an "argument" or "fight". It affects everybody surrounding. Neighbours, siblings, children, witnesses, and the people themselves.

That 'thing' I'm talking about has occurred right now. The echoes throughout the walls of the house of dark, angry yells at another person. Back and forth. Back and forth. When will it stop? Aggressive words thrown at each other. Words that shouldn't be spoken of. Everyday is a scare, having to step on eggshells every minute of being home. The problem isn't WHO is yelling, it's about WHY? It becomes almost sickening. After each argument, I grow angrier. It affects myself as an individual. I'm not even the one being screamed at. But I feel what they feel. That's just how I am.

I am sick of being scared. I have to make a decision. Do I want to be surrounded by these people? They might be family but who wants to witness yelling almost every night? Not me. Every time there is an argument, I try and block it out by music on full volume and resting in bed. This time, all I thought about was why they were fighting and what they were saying. I walked out my door, brave as can be.

I yelled, "STOP, PLEASE STOP! IM SICK AND TIRED!"

Nobody listened and I got shoved out of the way. This time I wasn't going to put up with it because one day (and no matter what, it happens) you're over it. I grabbed my school bag and tipped it upside down, tipping all of the contents out - yesterday's homework, a full sandwich and books. I grabbed a handful of clothes from my dresser, not caring what I grab and stuffed it into my bag. I grabbed my ipod filled with my favourite music in my playlist and I grabbed random food from the pantry and put it into my bag. I also snatched my pillow from my bed.

I ran to the door, opened it and slammed it shut behind me. Part of me hoping they would stop and follow me. No, they didn't. I heard a small silence but then the yelling continued. I didn't know where I was headed or what I was doing. Was running away the right choice?