Chapter One (Laina's pov)

"LAINAAAA" "WAKE UPPPP" Max, her brother, yelled. She rolls out of bed with a "nnngh"

She stumbles downstairs still groggy from her rude awakening. She gets downstairs and Charlie and Beau topple her as if a "good morning". She lets them out before grabbing a piece of bread and putting it in the toaster.

After breakfast, she gets dressed and ready for school.

"LAINAAAA HURRY UP" Max whined

"I'm coming!" Laina scowled

She gets out of the bathroom and gets her backpack ready for school. She grabs her phone and walks out of the door to wait for the bus.

*LATER*

The bus comes and she sits next to her friend, Morgan, with a huff

"Good Morning? What happened to you?" Morgan questioned

"Max" Laina groaned

"Ahhh I see" Morgan sighed "My brother too"

The spend the bus ride talking about different things with Morgan laughing at her sleepy haze. They walk into school together and head to their homeroom class.

Laina, still tired from this morning, rests her head while still talking in an effort to get that last minute of sleep.

She borderline falls asleep until the bell rung. She shot up looking distraught while Morgan let out a giggle. They walk to first period together.

In the middle of first period, social studies, the teacher gets a phone call and then leaves the room. She comes back a minute later with the principal,

"Hello Students, today we have a new student, Zoe!"

Zoe walks into the room looking around timidly, Laina on the other hand, was starstruck.

Zoe was the most beautiful girl she had ever seen, her beautiful dark hair with perfect bangs, her cheeks were blushed, just right, and the most beautiful blue eyes she had ever seen.

"Helllooooo??" Morgan waves her hand in front of Laina's face. Laina snaps out of it and looks around.

Morgan Notices who she's staring at, "Ohhhhhh" Morgan catches on. 

"You're right, she's really pretty" 

Laina wants to ask for her number, but she doesn't. She is in a trance like state the rest of the day. Even at lunch while she is trying to eat, she's staring.

Watching her the entire lunch, Morgan finally gets up, and walks over to Zoe. 

Lainas face grows hot as Morgan and Zoe talk, and then, she freezes when they both start walking over.