Painless

I didn't know what I was feeling or why my heart was racing, but I never thought I'd see her again, but when she stood up I felt ...happy? She said "Hello, doctor." I wasn't sure how to respond. "H-hello Janet, what seems to be the problem today?" I had noticed her wandering eyes surveying the room as if someone were watching, listening. I remember her leaning in and saying "I've been feeling, things, I don't know what they are but I can't sleep and you..." I pulled out my thermometer and told her to step into my office. "Seems you might have a fever, here say "ahh"" She opened her mouth and I took her temperature, it came out normal and I remember being a bit stumped. Most patients come in when they feel and it's just a fever. I looked up at her "You said you've been feeling correct?" she gazed at me and said "yes, but it's been, emotions and I think I just need more moteless." This was only my second case of Moteless failing, I was required to record when it failed and why. "When did you begin feeling Janet?" she looked into my eyes and said "Th-the night we danced together, I remember when you left my arms I felt ...sad? I'm sorry I'm so...I don't even know the word for it, is it hot in here? Or...". Janet had turned red and I feel I did too, but I didn't know how to respond, and I didn't want her knowing I liked her, because... I pulled Janet in and kissed her. I felt happiness. Janet whispered "I Love You, Will, I Love Y-" an alarm went off and we heard screaming from the hall and then these soldiers barged through the office door they yelled "Get on the damn ground! Now!" I looked at Janet and one of the soldiers was trying to force her down, I became...enraged and grab the other soldiers gun and shot him twice and then shot the other one. I grabbed Janet and we ran out of the building, then another alarm went blaring and a voice said "Breach, We have a breach please remain indoors and do not open to anyone who knocks." Janet and I heard helicopters in the air and more and more footsteps of soldiers, she and I quickly ran to my car, I floored the gas and we took off. "Where, where are we gonna go?! Oh my god, what is this, my heart is racing, I can't, I can't think I'm-" Janet was panicking, and honestly so was I, I didn't know what to do, I didn't know what to say, so I kept driving, and then ...they shot us off of the road. We crashed and I held Janet until her last breath, she said, "Please, change this world, emotions are a beautiful thing, love and happiness.....thank you for one moment of happy...thank you...." and now I'm here, being recorded for research.

"Do you have what you need? You sick bastards! You hear me?! I want Janet!! YOU TOOK HER FROM ME!" Will stands up breaks the camera, he picks up a shard of glass and puts it to his neck. "I know there is another camera watching me! Whoever is watching, watch real closely, because this is your fault, you have the power to stop this, because if you don't the whole world will do the same, I can't live in a world knowing what I know now. So change this world, please so that I can be the last person to do this ..." Will begins to cut his own neck, but is tackled by someone, he wakes up in a white room hooked up to monitors, a doctor walks in and he says "Will, what do you remember?" Will remembered everything, including what Janet asked him to do, he looks the doctor in his eyes and says "I remember I was at work and then, I think I passed out.". The doctor looks at Will, and with dead eyes and a blank face replies "Yes, good. You rest now, we will check on you later." the doctor leaves and Will looks over at the stand next to his bed, the medicines he was given include moteless, and one Will had never heard of, he picks up the bottle "Anesa?". Will felt pain, and anger, he felt sadness and ...hatred.