Part 17

There was a silence, a long silence, it made my heart drop far beneath the clouds, 'does he not know!?'

"Do you really want to know?" God said after some time
"Should I not want to?" Ethan asks worried
"Maybe, you might get mad" God says softly as he gestures towards a chair in front of his desk.
Me and Ethan sat down on the chairs, the receptionist walked up to us and passed me a tea and biscuit and then, almost, throwing it at Ethan, 'as if people are still scared' I thought.

"Well..." god began,
"As you everyone knows it is virtually impossible for demons to cross the border"
"Of course" I reply shortly, I needed to know this, we needed to know this
"So like any person I tried to find out why, I have busied myself a lot with calls and what not trying to find out the reason... you, you could get here" they seemed to stutter at the thought, maybe they had yet not taken it in.

"I could find nothing" they said suddenly, my heart jerked sideways, 'what!?'
"But!" He said suddenly apparently seeing the disappointment,
"I had to do the weirdest thing anyone in heaven has ever done, call for Satan" they didn't look alarmed by this, more happy than everything else.

"You make phone calls in heaven?" Ethans buts in,
"No no we don't, we call on people, if they are available they will teleport to the place they are called or if they are busy but still can talk they have a hologram" god answers kindly.
"Ohhhhh... anyway continue" Ethans answers.

"So yes, I called on Satan and they teleported here, obviously not to stay, only to be talked to, I asked Satan if he knew a 'Ethan Nestor' and... well he said... 'Who?'" This conversation was getting more confusing by the second.
"W-what!?" Ethan asked, he sounded slightly hurt by what was happening,
"Don't worry I'm not done, so me and Satan kinda hit it off and maybe asked each other on a date, and after that I asked the gate keeper a-" they were interrupted by Ethan
"Date?" He asked
"I'll tell you in a sec, that comes with even better news!" They said happily.

"The gate keeper told me that she must have made a mistake, which is unfortunate as you have to stay a demon but you may become half angel if you like?" God said, it was a lot to take in, I glanced over to Ethan and saw that he had now got the biggest smile on his face.