A Daydream Away- Danisnotonfire Fanfiction

"So, um, yeah." I said, ending my presentation about ancient china.

Nobody in my class really knew how to react, so they sat there awkwardly, occasionally clapping.

"Thankyou Avery" Ms. Prisk said in her monotonous voice.

"Nice presentation, Blue bear" Dan whispered sarcastically as I sat down at the desk next to him.

"Shut up, Daniel" I said smugly as I lightly punched him on the arm. Dan called me 'Blue Bear' because I always had the ends of my hair coloured in blue marker. Dan flicked the blue ends of my hair and put it up to his lips like a mustache. My mum wouldn't let me dye it. He only called me 'Blue Bear' when he wanted to annoy me, which was a lot. So I retaliated by calling him Daniel. It seemed fair. When he didn't call me by my annoying pet name, he would just call me Avery, or sometimes just Ave. I always called him Dan. We were best friends. He knew everything about me and I knew everything about him. He knew I was scared of thunder, puppets and moths. And he knew he could use them all against me. Last year, he gave me a puppet for my birthday. I slapped him. He also has a recording of thunder set as his text tone on my phone.

I sat with Dan, Phil and Amber at lunchtime. We were sitting at our table, I was sitting next to Dan, Amber was sitting next to Phil. Phil and Amber were definitely dating, but they never say anything. Suddenly, Amber asked: "So, are you and Dan dating yet?"

"Um, no." I said awkwardly.

"C'mon babe, don't hide our love from the world." Dan said sarcastically, intertwining his hand with mine and tracing circles on the back of my hand with his thumb. I knew he was joking, but it still sent butterflies through my stomach.

"Hahah, you're right baby"

I wished it wasn't raining. It would have been a perfect moment if it was sunny. Then, I heard it. The thing I feared most.

CRACK! I squealed and latched onto Dan, who started chuckling and tracing circles on my back with his warm hand to comfort me. He was so good at that. I always felt so safe when I was with him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Are you coming, Ave?" Dan shouted as we walked together, sharing his blue umbrella. He slipped his hand into mine, something that was done so often between us that it didn't mean anything anymore. Or at least, didn't mean anything to him. We were going to his house. I'd been going to Dan's house every afternoon since kindergarten. We walked into his living room and set our backpacks down in the kitchen. I sat down on one of the stools at his breakfast bar, and he poured me a glass of orange juice. I pulled out my gameboy and turned it on.

"You're still playing with that old thing?" He asked, and looked over my shoulder at the screen, which was now displaying the Pokèmon Silver title screen.

"Yeah, so? You only stopped playing with yours last week" I said smugly.

"Good point" he said, and bolted upstairs. He came down a few seconds later with his gameboy (which now had the pokèmon Gold cartridge inside) and a connector cable. He forced his cable into the sides of our gameboys and the loading screen came on. We decided to battle. Dan won. He always wins. But he always comforts me I if get upset about losing, so it's not that bad.

"Now, who wants macaroni and cheese?" He asked, raising his hand swiftly.

"ME ME ME ME ME!" I yelled, standing up on one of the boxes nearby. It probably had some furniture in it or something.

We're graduating in three weeks, and I need to tell him something before he moved to Manchester:

I was completely in love with him.

************************************************

Oh hey there!

This isn't my first fanfiction, it's probably not very good, but I'll do my best!

Thanks for reading!

Title Credits: A Daydream Away- All Time Low