Some Nights

A/N: Hey! Thanks for taking your time and reading this! Just wanted to give you a heads up and say this story has sexual content... And it will not only be often, but will be early on. Don't like, don't read! Thanks!

Nate Ruess could easily say he liked to drink. Hell, it was more of a hobby. Or used to be. Ever since his band had made it big with first, their hit single, and then their entire album, he had tried to cut back on his alcohol intake -but that didn't mean he had stopped drinking.

Smoking. That was another thing he had given up, too. It had been about a year now since he had quit that. Maybe he had decided he deserved some self-respect. 

Nate sat at the counter of a bar, sipping his drink (like he said, he hadn't stopped) and staring at his hands, not paying much attention to his surroundings. That is, until a beautiful young woman sat down next to him. Now, Nate had never really attracted a ton of woman or shown much interest, but that didn't mean he couldn't find a girl pretty. And, boy, was this girl pretty. 

He stole glances at her, his eyes darting to the side to see her. She had long, wavy black hair and stunning, sultry blue eyes, completed with a tanned complexion. She appeared to be mixed race, but to what parentage, Nate had no clue. Most likely African-American and Caucasian, due to the caramel hue of her skin. She was lean and toned, maybe standing at about five-foot-eight or so, slightly shorter than Nate. And her lips... They were full and beautiful, naturally shaded pink.

She caught him staring and gave him a small, weary smile. "Hey," she greeted him, sounding rather exhausted, along with looking it, due to the dark circles under her eyes. Nate's jaw dropped slightly before responding after an awkward pause.

"Um. Hi."

She ordered a drink for herself, a scotch, he noted, and downed it quickly, letting out a hiss of air. 

"Ugh. I haven't slept in twenty-two hours and have been tending to my patients since yesterday. I really, really need this." She sighed, running her hands through her hair. "I am going to get fucking wasted..." Nate blinked before seeming to regain the ability to speak.

"You're a doctor?" She nodded in response.

"Surgeon, if we're being more specific. But, yeah." The woman toyed with the empty glass in her hands. "What about you?"

"I'm a musician. Well, sort of. I can't actually play any instruments," Nate told her with a small chuckle. She looked at him raising an eyebrow.

"So what do you do?"

"Sing," he replied. The woman shrugged.

"I could see that, I guess. Do you have any songs? A band?" She questioned him, turning her body fully to face him, interested. Nate nodded.

"Yeah, to both. I mean, I...," he trailed off. Maybe it wouldn't be a great idea to tell her he had two of the biggest hit songs of the year. "Yeah. Do you like music?" She laughed.

"I guess. I never have much time to listen to any, though. When we're operating, sometimes other surgeons will play music, but it's usually like classical and I'm not a huge fan of that. Hell, I barely even know any music genres. Um, indie-rock is a thing, right?" The woman asked tentatively. Nate grinned before answering.

 "Yep. That's actually mostly what my band plays." She bit her lip, looking adorable though guilty.

"Oh. Sorry."

"It's fine. It's not like you said it sucks like classical, which does, by the way, kind of suck." Nate stirred his drink, smiling before looking back at her. "I'm Nate, just to let you know."

"Jane." 

Jane ordered another drink before pausing at glancing over at Nate to ask him something.

"The rounds on me. What can I get you?"

A/N: Short, I know. And a little boring. But I PROMISE I will update as soon as possible and it will be INTERESTING!