3

it had a short silhouette, making sharp motions as it peeked through your window. it seemed too sentient to have been one of the things like tina, but everything else living on the island had died a long time ago.

gripping the bat so hard to the point their knuckles turned white, (y/n) tiptoed toward the door and creaked it open with great caution, muscles tightening in fear of being caught by whatever was by the window.

one step, then two, then enough to get them all the way to the other side of the house where the silhouette was by the window, eyes widening in shock upon to see another person.

the one thing (y/n) knew for sure was that tonio and them were the last ones alive on the island, and that everyone else was dead.

yet there was another living person, just like them, peeking through (y/n)s window with caution.

it was a teen girl, to be exact. one with short black hair and sunglasses a little too large for her face. she had on a soaking wet bomber jacket and a drenched, black, mid-thigh skirt. her face was contorted into fright and tears pooled onto her jacket in masses, lips letting out quiet whimpers every other second.

"hey, you there! where'd you come from!" (y/n) shouted, startling the young girl.

she screamed as she fell backwards from surprise, body landing in the decayed grass that surrounded the cabin. only screams came in response from her as she scrambled back to her feet, running away in the direction of the town and disappearing from sight.

'who was that girl?' they wondered to themselves, trekking back into the cabin. 'she seemed awful young to be out by herself...'

once they reentered the house, a loud cry came from tonios room, laughter coming from (y/n) after going to check on him. "no, no, calm down! it was just some stray girl, tonio!"

the almost-dead man hummed inquisitively, making the other close their eyes in thought. "no, im not sure where she came from... there's no way she came from here since everyone else stopped moving a while back, and since she was wearing a jacket from a school that we dont have on this island, she had to have come from somewhere off the island..."

(y/n) turned to him, their face bright and hopeful, a large contrast to tonios, which was a sickening greyish blue with sores all over. "hm, youre right! i should go figure out if she's alright... but ill have to do that tomorrow, its too late at night right now, we both need our rest!"

there was no rebuttal from tonio, allowing (y/n) to kiss their hand and plant it on his. after all, if their face got too close to the dead man, he'd probably kill them. 

another loving goodnight was given before the survivor headed upstairs, humming a light tune to themselves while rotting floorboards moaned under their feet.

that girl... where could she have come from? was it the same situation (y/n) was in?

(sorry this was such a short chapter)