attention

you and ethan have been dating for a few months now, and you really really like each other, although, there has been no "i love you's" yet. you're waiting on him to say it, but he's also waiting on you, because you're both just a little bit awkward.

you come home from work one day to see your boyfriend sitting on the couch, editing a video on his laptop. "hey babe", you say to him smiling, "how was your day?"

"it was alright. i got a couple videos filmed and i'm editing this one now for today" he says smiling. you come over to him and sit beside him, watching him work. you've never really "understood" editing, but it always fascinated you watching him do it, because it makes him happy.

"hey babe" you say softly. "yes beautiful?" he says looking over at you, earning a small smile from you. "i want attention" you say pouting like a child, while also trying not to giggle.

he smiles and shuts his laptop, proceeding to tackle you onto the couch. you giggle softly from his actions and wrap your arms around his neck. he kisses your soft lips, earning a smile from both of you. you pull away softly, your face flushed a soft shade of pink.

"ethan, baby, can i tell you something?" you say softly, your face getting even warmer. "of course, always" he says smiling. "umm...i love you" you say softly and put your hands on his chest, feeling his heart rate increase. he smiles "i love you too" he says softly back. you weren't expecting him to say it back, but it seems as though he really does love you a lot, and he would do anything for you.