𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐨

Aaliyah Reed, a sixteen year old high school junior student, has been through hell and back. More surviving than living, she has endured the utmost pain and suffering unimaginable. Life began for her on June 20th, 1978 born to Maxwell and Carrie Reed, in a small town in New York. Being the last born out of five, surely Aaliyah was not planned nor expected. Having three brothers and one sister, Aaliyah felt love from them more than their own parents.

Growing up in the church, she was taught to forgive those who hurt you and to love your neighbor as you love yourself. It was unfortunate her parents didn't give her that parental love and guidance she yearned for. Her father, a member of the clergy, physically and emotionally abused his last born — his babygirl. Her mother, the First Lady of Mount Sinai Baptist Church, bullied her emotionally and physically.

It wasn't fair for Aaliyah to feel the way she did, for she was a special individual. A beautiful and smart one, too. As she got older her motto in life was 'If you expect nothing from somebody you are never disappointed'. It bothered her that she dealt with these battles silently and what made matters worse was that she had nobody to turn to. All of her siblings moved out and went off to college, making Aaliyah the only child at home.

She loved her siblings for sure, but they never came back for her. The bond was long gone, but she was still optimistic they'd come back for her. Aaliyah's life was hectic, but she was determined to finish high school and getting the hell out of New York sooner than later. In hopes of being a dancer, she had dreams and aspirations of being a prestigious contemporary ballet dancer, working on Broadway some day.

Will Aaliyah be saved from misery or will she suffer from her own survival?