The Reaping: 12-9

Notice: Hi Guys!! You will notice some changes such as only 18 year olds may fight  to the death. If your are confused, please read the description!! That's all, I hope you enjoy this! More Parts Coming Soon! I would also like to say that if you would like to help me with this series, please email me. My email will also be in the description. I only need someone who can write really good and much more sophisticated.

******

It was on July 4th, disaster struck the Districts. For their rebellious actions during the dark days, they were met with a very 'fitting' punishment described by the President himself known as the Hunger Games. Described on the treaty of treason, The Hunger Games is an annual event in which one boy and one girl aged 18 from each of the twelve districts surrounding the Capitol are selected by lottery to compete in a televised battle royale to the death until only one remains. This announcement garnered rapturous applauds from the Capitol but outrage and pure chaos from the Districts.

District 12:

District 12 was the first out of the 12 districts to have their tributes reaped

District 12 was the first out of the 12 districts to have their tributes reaped. Despite the several difficulties the peacekeepers had to face because of citizen rascals, all was well ready and the 18 year old teenagers who were eligible for the games were lead into their allocated spots, dividing the males from the females.

A brief introduction was conducted by the mayor of District 12 followed by an explanation on how the games worked, for those who haven't gotten the message. Looking over the sober faces of the teenagers who stood in front of him, the mayor couldn't help but to feel a bit of guilt. Although a bit hesitant, he walked over to the bowl which contained the female's names and dipped his hand in.

He swirled his hand around before stopping and picking out a piece of paper. He took one last sorrowful look at them and unwrapped it before announcing in a monotone voice, "The First Female Tribute of District 12 is... Jewel Katz." This was met by gasps by her female counterparts as they stared at her as if she was a ghost. A middle aged woman from the back of the enclosure, presumably her mother, wailed as Jewel's name was called. Jewel however managed to stay calm but was seen to be holding back her tears. She shouted out in a native accent, "I'll be fine Mama, you stay safe!" before making her way up to the stage with peacekeepers by her side.

In an analysis, Jewel's father was predicted to have died in the rebellion which left only her mother, her younger brother and herself to strive for survival. Although months prior to her father's death, Her brother became very ill and died on his birthday. She was quite close to the Covey, a family entirely made up of singers and musicians, and they would usually take Jewel and her family out to a shack near a lake on the edges of her district whenever there was a bombing.