Horror Story

Star woke up with her parents singing to her. She grinned up at them. It was her 8th birthday! She hopped out of bed and bolted down the stairs in front of her parents. There was a tall stack of chocolate chip pancakes sitting steaming on the table, waiting for her. She sat down and her parents put 3 pancakes and a tall glass of orange juice in front of her and sat next to her while she ate. 'Happy birthday sweetie!!' they exclaimed happily. After breakfast they had a little birthday party, just the 3 of them. The magician showed up, they had ice cream, played music, overall had a blast. Later that day, she was whittling in the backyard, when she heard a scream from inside. Star ran into the house, and saw a mysterious magician running away. In the kitchen, she saw her parents slumped at the table. Grateful they were ok, she was shocked when the police busted through their front door. They rolled her parents over, exposing their slit throats. There was blood all over their shirts and the tablecloth. They had been drinking tea, which was now splattered with blood. Star stood there, shocked, as people bustled around her. All she could see were her dead parents, their necks oozing blood. A strange man whisked her away to an orphanage to wait for someone to adopt her.

"There's no evidence, Detective Palm"

"I know that, Roger. But someone did it and our job is to find out who."

"Palm theres no fingerprints, no footprints, nothing! No one was in the area, no one could have done it!"

"Roger listen. Theres gotta be something. No one can commit murder without leaving something traceable."

"Maybe it was a suicide? Theres no other explanation."

"Couldn't have been. It's impossible. They died instantly and there is no knife around. Not a bloody knife in sight."

"It's a cold case, Palm. No evidence and no suspects."

Star closed her door. Finally, she thought. Her foster parents were great, but they were a bit overbearing. They loved her and tried their best to help her get over her parents, but they could never replace her true parents. Star kept having nightmares about the magician. It was responsible for the murder, she was sure, but the police dropped the case years ago. It was her 12th birthday tomorrow, her first birthday in a home. She had spent 3 ½ years at the orphanage, turning down people who wanted to foster her. Finally this old couple had come along and convinced her to go with them. She slept soundly that night, even though the magician of the past chased her through her hellish nightmare. She woke up and walked downstairs. In the kitchen, her foster parents were sitting at the table drinking tea with their back to her. She looked out the window and saw a strange silhouette running away. That was enough to bring back memories of that day 4 years ago. She turned her parents around and saw. They were dead. Their throats slit in a bloody fleshy mess. Just like her parents. This cut is less clean then my parents one, maybe it was a serrated knife this time; Star thought darkly. Before she could even move, the door opened and a familiar police force stormed in to take her foster parents out in body-bags.

"Roger my old friend! Haven't seen you in a year!"

"Palm you know as well as i do we're the only murder detectives in town. We only ever see eachother when a murder is commited. It's good that we haven't seen each other."

"Wait i recognize this name. Isn't this the same girl from that case that went cold 4 years ago?"

"Woaho! Palm, my friend, i believe you're right! So what do we have this time?"

"Same thing. Same murder style, same day of the year, same ammount of evidence."

"So nothing??? How is this possible? We should talk to the girl. Shes witnessed 2 murders of the same kind something is going on here."