Chapter 1- "School Lunch"

It was noon, and the lunch bell had finally rung. Man, fourth period just seemed to go on forever. But Michael Mell was happy that that class was over- health class was not Michael's jam, especially since they had been talking about physical health and "healthy eating", which didn't make him feel any better about himself.

He put his headphones on, with his music blasting, and dragged himself off to the cafeteria, giving a soft yawn. His anxiety made him feel sluggish and tired, and gave him a hard time sleeping, and he had been feeling quiet anxious lately. Upon getting to the cafeteria, he was greeted in the lunch line by a very happy-looking Timothy Kleinman, his dorky, autistic best friend. Michael gave him a sleepy smile, but it was short lived, his anxious thoughts beginning to cloud the back of his mind.

He and Timothy both shuffled through the line, Timothy just grabbed a milk, because he usually brought his own food, and didn't trust the school food. Michael didn't have that luxury, and the school food was edible enough, he thought.

Michael got up in the line to grab some food, but looking at it, he felt his stomach knot up. "Ugh,I can't eat", He thought to himself. Instead, he went off to the salad bar and just got himself a salad, which was mostly just the sketchy lettuce that was somehow always soggy and those limp skinny carrot stick things. Sitting down with his friends he quietly slumped himself in a chair, next to Jeremy. Everyone was already chatting and laughing with one another, so Michael put his music back on, and scrolled through his Tumblr a bit. He then placed his phone down and picked up his fork. With his anxiety being as terrible as it was, he found he didn't have much of an appetite. He took his fork and poked at his salad with a sigh, when suddenly his phone buzzed. It was his Tumblr, someone had messaged him. Someone by the name of ..."Squip".
....
Michael picked up his phone hesitantly and tapped the notification. He wasn't sure who would be messaging him, through Tumblr nonetheless. His page wasn't exactly popular or anything, he just mostly reblogged memes, so it was odd for anyone to be messaging him.
Opening up his message requests, he looked at the username; "Squip"... Michael didn't recognize the name, but he accepted the message request, and viewed the first message this "Squip" person had sent.
--------------------------------------------
_Squip_: Uh, hey! Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember seeing you posted... Somewhere... that you have struggled with your body image, and I really relate to that!

-Michael hesitated, thinking the message was oddly invasive, but then replied.-
. . .

Player-2: Uh yeah, I have felt that way before... I guess it's cool you could relate to that.

_Squip_: Yeah, I've felt that way before, but I can help you!

- _Squip_ sent 2 photos-

/"Squip" sent two photos, picturing a young teen, the faces in each photo cropped off. The first photo showed the body of a fairly chubby kid, and the second photo showed what was supposedly the same kid, now much thinner.\

_Squip_: These are both me, I used to be so fat..
but because of things here on Tumblr and tips I got from others, I lost all that gross weight. If you let me help you, I can help you get the body you'll finally be happy with.
What do you say, 'Player 2'?

----------------------------------------------

Michael found the messages really strange, almost creepy... But at the same time, seeing those pictures, began to make the dysmorphic voices swirl around in his head... And the offer intrigued him. Michael had always been self-conscious of his weight, and he did have a habit of binge-eating, or overeating when he was sad, bored, or just really stoned and had the munchies. He had always resented this habit, and had tried many diets to control it, which were all unsuccessful in the end. Even if this was just another fad diet, Michael at least wanted to give what the Squip had in mind a try.

Was that so wrong?
After a few minutes of thought, Michael finally replied.
-

------------------------------------------
Player-2: "you know what, why not? I mean, what do I have to lose?
(other than maybe 10 pounds😂)"

_Squip_: Alright then, well. First tip, ditch the school "salad". If you're gonna eat a salad, at least eat a real one.

Player-2: -uhh... How did you know... -Ah, nvm.
-y'know what, I'll just eat later, lol not even hungry right now.

_Squip_: I'd say that's a better choice than eating that school crap, in the meantime, check this out-
(pro-bones-blog-tumblr)*
It's where I got most of my tips!

Player-2: Alright, I'll check it out.
-Gtg.
-----------------------------------------
Michael pushed his plateful of school salad away sheepishly, when suddenly he heard Jeremy Heere, his sort-of boyfriend, talking to him. He looked up. "Michael, are you okay? You haven't touched your food- er, salad..?" Rich Goranski piped in. "Yeah, uh...Since when do you eat nothing but a shitty salad, what are you, on a diet?", Rich scoffed. "Eh, maybe... To be honest, I'm not even gonna eat this, I'm just not super hungry today", Michael sighed. "So, y-you got the salad, a-and now you're n-n-not even g-gonna eat it?", Timothy stammered, giving Michael a worried look. "No. Look, don't sound so worried, my anxiety's just been really bad today and it's made me lose my appetite. Nothing to worry about. One missed lunch ain't gonna kill me", Michael ranted, trying to dismiss away his friends' worries. Fortunately, the bell rung, and Michael had no more time to explain. "Phew, saved by the bell..", Michael thought to himself, with a sign of relief. "Well, there's the bell, later guys! Hope you feel better, Michael", Rich said, getting up from the table. The teen boys all got up from the table, saying bye to one another, and departing to their individual classes.

(A.N/*this is not a real Tumblr, don't go looking it up, stay safe!)