A Thousand Stars

Amazing Cover By: Percy_BlackAdder
Thalia looked up at the stars for what felt like the thousandth time. She remembered the first time she had met her. The Italian with big brown eyes and long silky hair. The way she had cared for her little brother, always holding his hand. Holding him at night. She found that even more endearing. In her eyes she had been one of the most beautiful people she had ever met; even more so than Luke. She had developed a crush so fast some would call it love, Thalia Grace had a crush on Bianca Di Angelo.

One night Thalia had been sat in her tree when suddenly she heard something moving below her. Unsheathing her short dagger she jumped off the branch she was on, and landed on the ground. She turned around to see someone about two meters in front of her. Thalia couldn't see who it was, but the person hadn't heard Thalia. She tiptoed forward and put them in a headlock only to be met with the warm smell of vanilla. Bianca. Thalia immediately let go. "What are you doing out so late?" She had asked her. Bianca had smiled and replied "I was looking for you!". Thalia had given her an inquisitive look before grabbing her hand and helping her up to a large branch on Thalia's pine. "I'm just confused! I mean I want to join the hunters but if I do there are so many things I would miss out on! I mean I would miss out my first kiss, my first crush, my first everything; I mean I will stay a virgin my whole life!" Bianca had said to her. Just as Bianca was going to start talking again Thalia cut her off, "But joining the hunters will make you immortal, you will be able to protect your brother by killing monsters before they even reach him; and well the 'first' cases, well not only boys can fulfill that," And she had leaned forward while staring into Bianca's eyes and Thalia kissed her.

Over the next few days their relationship had bloomed. They stole glances at each other every now and then when no one else was looking. Cuddled and kissed in the night under Thalia's tree. Slept together in the same bed after Thalia had told Bianca of some of her adventures. Eventually, Thalia had picked up the courage to ask her out. Bianca had said yes, and they had 'sealed the deal' with a kiss. Although they never went on dates or told anyone about them, their love for each other never wavered, for each of them loved each other just as much as the other.

When Bianca had volunteered for the quest Thalia had wanted to slap her. Bianca had only just joined the hunters, she could be hurt, or worse killed. Thalia had tried so hard to convince Bianca not to go, but her arguments were futile. When they actually started the quest some of Thalia's worries were taken away as she helped Bianca train with her Bow and Arrow every night. Until they reached Hepheastus' graveyard.

A whole land of broken mechanics, so many amazing things which either malfunctioned or broke, some just objects that were not particularly useful anymore. They had promised each other they wouldn't take anything, but of course someone had to. When the giant robot had risen everyone looked at each other. Apart from Bianca her face seemed to freeze and her hand flew to her pocket. "No" Thalia had muttered before she grabbed Bianca's hand and started running. Well she would have started to run if Bianca had actually moved. But she didn't. Throwing something at Percy she handed me one of her arrows and quickly pecked me on the lips before running towards the giant. She wanted to scream but she felt paralyzed, then Bianca disappeared. The giants foot came down on her and five minutes later the giant fell to the ground. They spent hours looking for a body. But there was nothing. Bianca was gone and all Thalia had to remember her was an arrow.

Now here she was staring at Zoe's constellation glinting up in the sapphire sky. Somewhere in the woods behind her Thalia heard a hoot. She looked back to see nothing but as she turned to look back at the stars something landed beside her. A big brown owl sat staring, it hooted once before flying off once again. Something in Thalia's heart made that owl remind her of Bianca. And as she sat there under the thousand's of stars above her she tried to let her go. Tried to move on. But every time she closed her eyes, Bianca was there.