Two Escapes, One Day

Two guards stood behind a wall of glass near a control panel on the wall. A young man with light brown skin, black hair, and pale blue eyes was pushed through the doorway on the other side by another man, the shackles clanging at his feet and hands.

"Is he ready?" one of the guards behind the glass asked in a foreign accent, a female with blonde hair.

"No one's ever ready to be executed, but he's here and shall pay the price for his crimes." the guard chuckled and guided the black-haired boy towards a chair in the middle of the room. Two security cameras were focused above the chair pointing directly down on it.

"Wonder why lieutenant Rosean wanted this to be a private execution," the guard beside the blonde asked, "She never does that."

The blonde shrugged, "As long as he's dead afterward, it won't make a difference."

The two guards continued chatting and didn't hear the 'click,' of the security camera's shutting off.

"Oi, Bergus!" The blonde female shouted, "Get him in the chair!"

The guard on the other side of the glass who was named Bergus didn't say anything.

"Bergus!" The other male shouted.

"Sorry," Bergus said, there was a click and the prisoner's shackles on his hands crashed onto the ground, "But this prisoner's not gonna be dying today."

The two guards gasped and stood up, suddenly alert. Their hands went to the guns in their belts but the glass would be in their way.

The boy with blue eyes smirked as he was freed from the shackles at his feet by Bergus.

The guards tried to open the door that connected them to the electric chair's chamber, but it wouldn't budge. The blonde cursed as Burgus spun the keys around his fingers- he had locked the door before the guards arrived.

"Bergus! You'll pay for this," the male guard said, "They'll find you! You'll get life in prison! Don't make this mistake!"

Bergus tilted his head and chuckled, "You think I care? I already started the Shadow's great escape. . . might as well finish it."

"He's a murderer, Burgus! And use his real name why don't ya?" the blonde protested.

The blue-eyed boy grinned, "You keep yelling, hon' and you'll end up dead. You said it yourself, I am a murderer."

"Rowan Kingsley, that's your name," the blonde said as Shadow turned to leave, "Right? Your mother was Jane Kingsley, servant to the Queen?"

The Shadow stopped two feet from the door and slowly turned his head, "Don't mention that woman. My mother did nothing for me."

The blonde went to speak again but The Shadow cut her off, "Another word out of you and I will have no problem coming in there to kill you both."

The male guard gulped and looked around nervously.

Bergus opened the door and peeked out, checking for passing officers.

Then suddenly, the male guard cried out for help and The Shadow whipped around, with a furious look on his face.

Only then, did the guard realize his mistake.

______________________________________________________

"Let me go!"

"Shut it, kid."

"No! LET ME GO!"

"Can you gag him? He won't shut up."

"What? Am I annoying y- mmphhh!"

18-year-colored Kain Cartier sat tied to a chair with a gag around his mouth. He had caramel-colored hair and one blue eye and one green. Heterochromia. Kain struggled against his bonds with a very agitated look on his face. Not scared, no. He was anything but it. But Kain certainly was pissed, no doubt about it.