Reasons I Fell For Her

Of course, I was late. Hotch called and told me to meet them at the airfield; I'd be briefed on the plane. I arrived right before the team. I greeted the pilot and sat down as the rest of the team boarded. I apologized to Hotch, but he brushed it off.

"It happens to the best of us, just don't let it happen again," he dismissed. "Reid will brief you."

Agent Spencer Reid. My definitely-not-crush with a perfect body and soft curly hair and the best mind of anyone and... my coworker. He's my colleague. That's it.

Spencer smiled at me, "Do you want some coffee before we go over the case?"

"Please," I nodded.

He stood and made 2 cups of coffee, passing me one while sipping the other himself.

"I'll get the case files," he set his coffee down and turned to his bag to get the folders out.

I definitely didn't stare at his ass. Nope. No way. I stared at my cup, forcing myself to focus on anything but him.

"Got them!" Spencer turned back to me, passing me a folder, "You can look through this, then ask any questions."

I smiled and gratefully accepted the folder, opening it to see a page of... notebook paper in Spencer's handwriting? That was odd, but I began reading.

Reasons I Fell for Her
1. Her confidence

I bit my lip. This was about Maeve, wasn't it?

2. She let JJ dress her for that stupid winter party

Wait... Maeve had never been to an FBI event. They'd barely met.

3. Our trip to New York City

That was... definitely not Maeve. Spencer and I had travelled to New York one winter; I'd never "seen the sights," and Spencer insisted on taking me. Now that I thought about it, I was the one JJ had dressed for the winter party. I tried to use the excuse that I didn't have anything to wear, but JJ insisted I go and gave me a dress.

4. Her (adorable) pre-coffee threats

I looked up at Spencer. "Thanks for making me coffee, by the way."

He smiled, that cute, soft smile that make his eyes light up. "No problem. I know how you are before the caffeine kicks in. One threat of having my ears "da Vinci-ed" is more than enough."

We both laughed – that was an actual threat I'd grumbled at one point. He brightened at the sound of my laughter.

5. Her laugh
6. The way her eyeliner is always uneven
7. How smart she is
8. Her kindness

Spencer constantly teased me about my eyeliner. There was no way... right? Except that right below the list was my name, with hearts on either side, like we were in grade school.

"Hey, Spencer, wrong file," I passed the folder back to him.

He opened it, looking confused, before immediately turning beet-red.

Neither of us spoke for the rest of the flight.

***

We avoided each other for the entire case; we barely even talked to each other. I knew the rest of the team noticed, but I didn't answer any questions. What could I even say? It wasn't until we had a 'paperwork day' that I even had time to think about it. Hotch had assigned us all a stack of paperwork we needed to complete before the end of the month. I rushed through my stack and brought it to Hotch's office.