Prologue

This book is dedicated to Rylie_Peiffer31
She's the bae of this book. I wanted to apologize for the late update.

------------------

Prologue

" Tristesse Desdemona," As my History teacher called my name in class. I knew she was scared. She wouldn't be called a history teacher if she doesn't know the meaning of my name.

[Tristesse
Following the same train of thought, this French name means "sadness".

Desdemona
You'd already be off to a bad start as this Shakespearean character is murdered by her husband, Othello. Never mind that this Greek name means "of the devil", "ill-fated one" and "misery".]

I stood up, grab my essay, and passed it to her. "Boo," I startled her.

I faced my back at her and stared at all my classmates and they started laughing. They don't care about it but one person behind everyone else always stares at me and I just know I hate him. I am a witch in this school as I heard.

"Tate Feliciano," Oh the very opposite of me. ( (English), "cheerful" (Italian), "happy") and we were one example of the happy and sad reactions in physics. Damn harsh teachers.

I just want to get out of this school. Grace and Truth High School. The name tells why. In the reality there is no real grace and people have trust issues instead of Trust in people...Nobody but me can keep me safe so that's why I grew to like this.

The name is the opposite of me. I hate the dark, especially at night. I keep having flashbacks in my mind of when I got into a car accident and my parents died. It's me who only, survived.

I lived in a Foster Home and still waiting for someone to accept me.

The bell rings and I grab my bag and left my pen, so I go back but someone already got my pen. Damn. Can't they buy their pen?

While walking the alley I grab my keypad phone and received a text from Sister Miles. I've been with her for 4 years since the car accident.

'Honey come here now. Someone is looking for you. :)'

I ran as fast as I could. I hope it's my turn now!

When I reached the gate to the foster home. I looked at myself in front of the Van parked in front. Shit, I look stupid. Will they like me?

"Just go inside, Tristesse." It was Tate, smiling and he went inside the Van in front of me.

Oh. Hell. No.

I gulped and got inside the Foster Home. It was...Mr. And Mrs. Feliciano and they looked so familiar...I don't know why I already feel at home.

"Hi, Tristesse! Do you still remember us? We are your parents' friends and we came here just knowing the news and to get you," It's Mr. Feliciano. I nodded still accepting the fact they were Tate Feliciano's parents. I hug both of them because they have the aura---just like my parents...Maybe that's why? I felt like...home.

"Do you want your last name changed or--" I shook my head and wanted my last name as it is.

"Very well then, let's fix the papers inside with Sister Miles." Mrs. Feliciano hugged me as we walked inside the office.