Goldilocks

I walk down the halls listening to the tapping of my boots on the marble flooring keeping a very steady and quick pace. I glance around the large halls marveling at the white pillars and floors, they are very pale most would say boring but they stand with great strength and beauty in my eyes. The sun reflects off the pure white floors back onto my silver armor almost making me shine. I suddenly hear a noise almost as quiet as a mouse but in the empty hall it rang loud in my ears.

  " Why do you insist on trying to sneak up on me, you know it'll never work " I proclaim as I stop and turn on my heels to face the stalker.

  " it's unfair I can never catch you off guard " A short woman comes from behind one of the pillars pouting, as she walks towards me her blonde hair reflects in the sun making her look like a goddess. There's a small bounce in her step making her curls bounce. As she approaches me I almost get lost in her mesmerizing hazel eyes with flecks of gold.

  " If a giggly princess was able to sneak up on me I wouldn't be much of a guard now would I? " I questioned her with a smirk. I watched as her cheeks flushed lightly and puffed out.

  " Just because I'm a princess doesn't mean I'm not sneaky!" She scowled trying to make herself seem tough and angry but inevitably failed. I laughed lightly and motioned for her to walk with me.

" What are you doing running around the castle by yourself? " I asked.

" What, I can't take a walk without someone on my ass about it " I glared at her for her use of language but it was promptly ignored.

" I just want you safe, we both know the king would have my head if something was to happen to you " I shivered at the possibilities. She giggled lightly but knew I was right.

I walk next to her and look over seeing her caught in her own thoughts. I get reminded every day of how beautiful she is and entertain myself with the idea of holding her hand as she walks next to me. I zone mesmerized with her peach colored skin and the casual yet large blue dress she's wearing. I almost get too caught up as I reach my hand out to run through her hair. " Maria loo-"

" Maria my dear! I see you've found Hunter. I've been looking for you two, conjoined at the hip as always!" I got too distracted and didn't hear the loud king coming. I instantly snapped back and bowed as I walked up to greet him. I felt a slight pain in my chest once again thinking of the things the king would do to me knowing the infatuation I had for his daughter.

" My dear as you know before we have your coronation you must have a king at your side, now that you are coming upon the age I believe it's time you meet the prince sahib." My heart suddenly sinks and I feel like I'm being suffocated. My ears ring a little but I keep my composure In front of my king. I can see Maria's face a little puzzled and taken aback but she quickly regains her head and smiles sweetly.

" Of course. " I can see the reluctance in her eyes and the heaviness in her words. My head spirals thinking about the possibility of her being someone else's, my heart thuds against my chest as my chest becomes tight. The world doesn't feel so bright now and I feel myself lose my footing slightly.

" Hunter are you alright? " King Ajax gives me a concerned look. I see Maria turn and look at me with shock in her eyes as I stumble. She reaches out to grab me but it's far too late, I hit the ground with a loud thud gracefully banging my head against the white marble floor. I lay there as my vision gets blurry and I see the white slowly turning red as my brain pounds against my skull with terrible pain. I feel my hand against Maria's cheek as she holds it yelling my name but it only sounds like muffled speaking. My vision finally starts to go out as I see more pairs of feet running my way. I want to apologize to the King and Maria but all I feel is warmth now.