Miller High.

"Lucca, come on, it's just one party. There's gonna be hot girls there dude. We can get wasted and you can crash at my place. Just tell your parents we have a project we need to work on for school."

Lucca rolled his eyes, a small chuckle leaving his lips as his foot hit the pavement to keep the wheels moving on his skateboard at a decent speed.

He wasn't much for parties, at least not big ones like the one Johnny was insisting they go to. Lucca preferred a small crowd, in a country setting around a fire. That's how he grew up, out in the country.

This new city life was something he still wasn't accustomed to even though it had been almost 2 years, since their family farmhouse burnt down and they were forced into the city life.

Since they moved to town Lucca's parents cracked down on him because of the fights he had got into going into a new high school. Kids had picked on Lucca and bullied him badly because he was "too country" to be in their school, so he had to fight his way through Junior year. Everyone quickly learned though, that he wasn't one to mess with and he went from one of the outcasts to somewhat popular.

"I don't know dude, you know I don't do big parties. They're overcrowded and people act too stupid sometimes. My parents are bound to find out I'm lying, especially if Daniel's mom finds out. You know she tells on use for everything!"

Johnny snorted out a laugh "Listen, stop being a pansy. You'll be 18 in a few months, learn to live a little... You won't get anywhere in your life if you're always second-guessing everything. Stop thinking about what could go wrong and think about what could go amazing!"

Before Lucca knew it they were skating up to Miller High Schools front steps. "I don't know Johnny, I'll think about it."

As they grabbed their boards they headed into school and as usual, Johnny's posse of girls was waiting on him as soon as he walked through the door, all saying their hellos to him. "Girls! Good morning!" He said with the biggest smile spread across his face. He just loves all the attention he gets from any girl, whenever he goes. Johnny turned and said, "Think hard on it then," throwing a wink at Lucca before he disappeared down the hallway, two girls on either side of him.

Johnny had always been a lady's man, but of course who could blame the girls who swooned over him. He was the typical bad boy and had the looks to follow. Something about being tall, skinny, and having blonde hair and blue eyes, that the girls loved. Half the schoolgirls were head over heels for Johnny and were at his beck and call whenever they could be. It was a sad sight to see honestly. Johnny cared for none of them much, only when he wanted to get lucky or needed a boost in his ego.

Lucca just shook his head before heading to the cafeteria to get breakfast. Today was biscuits and gravy. Lucca never liked eating breakfast usually but this, he couldn't pass up on, he loved it.

Today had gone by in such a blur that Lucca hadn't even realized the bell had rung, dismissing everyone for the weekend until the rustling of the other students caused him to avert his eyes from the picture he was drawing to see what was going on. Realizing class was over he sluggishly gathered his things and headed toward his locker.

Drawing was one of the very many talents Lucca possessed. It was a deep passion of his. He drew anything his mind could muster up and he even loved drawing surrealism as well. He had a photographic memory, so to say, so his imagination was full of endless possibilities.

Rummaging through his locker, a sudden banging on the one next to him caused him to jump slightly. His eyes narrowed as he leaned back to peak around the door only to be met by a boy with a Cheshire grin plastered on his face. That was about the only thing you could see considering his long black bangs covered the majority of his face.

"Dammit, Daniel... You should know not to do that to me." Daniel's small frame vibrated as he silently laughed about his mischief.

"Come on Lucca don't be such a girl." Johnny chimed in as he appeared beside the other two. "I found it quite funny, honestly." Said, Daniel.

Lucca rolled his eyes at the two, threw his backpack over his shoulder, and slammed his locker leaving Johnny and Daniel standing there. Their laugh echoing through the empty halls as they exited Miller high.

Paying no mind to the other two, Lucca sat down his skateboard and was about to take off but before he could, he felt a tug on his backpack. "Where you going so quick, their pretty boy," Johnny asked. "Home, douche," Lucca replied.

"Did that brain of yours think long and hard about that party dude or are you gonna ditch us to stay home with Mommy and Daddy like a good little boy?"

Lucca glared at Johnny momentarily before letting out a laugh. "You know how my parents are. Do you think it'll be a smart idea?"

Johnny shrugged before reaching over to fluff Daniles's hair up. "Little Daniel here is going to go, so why not?"

"Oh come on! Seriously Daniel. You let him talk you into going to this damn party?" Daniel smirked before looking at Johnny then back at Lucca. "Why not man? It sounds like it's going to be a killer party. What else is there to do? I already told my mom I was staying over at Johnny's anyway. Johnny's parents covered for me and told her I'd be there and everything would be fine."

Lucca sighed. "What if your mom shows up at Johnny's and we aren't there? You know your mom will call my mom in a heartbeat."

"Good thing my mom's going to go visit my grandparents for the weekend. She won't even be in town. She even suggested I stay the weekend with Johnny." Daniel replied.

Whatever, fine. I'll go to the damn party but if it's lame or gets too crazy, I'm out of there."

Johnny reached out and patted Lucca on the head. "Well then, it's settled. Go home and get ready and meet us at Judy's pizza place at 7. Have your mom call my mom if she needs to. You know my mom will cover for us because she doesn't care what we do."

"Yeah, yeah. I'll see you at 7."