ONE

YOU LET OUT A TIRED SIGH AND STARED AT THE CEILING.

The sound of dozens of footsteps and voices filled your ears, clouding your thoughts. Why does the train station have to be so damn loud? your hands moved to your lap and clutched the thick brown book that you called your journal. It was rustic, covered in stains and scratches but was filled with logged evidence of your adventures.

Beside you was your camera that was in the same condition as your journal. Neither of them would be worth anything to anyone else but they were beyond priceless to you. To pass the time, you grabbed your bag and flipped through photos of landscapes you captured from your last spot.

"TRAIN THIRTY-FIVE BOARDING BACK AT 5:30!"

You sighed in frustration, "That won't be for another hour." you groaned, thinking of ways to pass the time. Every one of them included leaving the train station. You had an hour but knowing you, there was a chance you'd lose track of time and miss the train.

That was a chance you were willing to take.

You hopped out of your seat with a pep in your step and made your way to the entrance of the station. Phone in hand, you checked for any places nearby that wouldn't be a long walk but that would also be a good way to kill time. You ended up going to a bakery, library, and a flower shop. You look through the large windows before entering, admiring the flora. You eagerly walked inside, looking at the different plants and even reading some pamphlets about them. Boring? Not really, you loved to learn new things even if they weren't necessary to learn.

After a minute of looking around, you decided to purchase a bouquet of daisies. You liked the meaning and were on sale, a win-win in your book. You walked into the line as you took a good whiff of the flowers, smiling at their lovely scent. Before you knew it, the shop quickly started to fill up. The line wasn't so long in the beginning but it sure was now. At this rate, you didn't know if you'd make it back to the station on time. Your eyes darted to the store clock constantly, each minute passing quickly. Shit...fuck...ajsknaheie. you eternally keyboard smashed in your own head. I only have fifteen minutes left and the walk back is like ten!

"Next." the cashier exclaimed, readily accepting the next customer. She barely made a dent in the line, furthering your worry. 'Screw it-' you thought, ready to place the bouquet back on the shelf. You turned but stopped once you felt a hand on your shoulder. They forcibly turned you to them releasing you afterward. You looked back to see a boy with pinkish hair and a goofy smile. You lowered your arm as you examined him, confused why a complete stranger just grabbed you.

"It's you!" he beamed. You only stared into his happy eyes with your puzzled expression, your brows meeting.

"Huh?"