Introduction

Jules pov

I was about to enter the building of Hogwarts for my fifth year. Oh goodness, how I was dreading this day. the building was quite gorgeous on the outside. I nearly missed the Hogwarts express but I'm glad I made it in time to platform 9 3/4. the last thing I needed was to enter the building where my heart was shattered. it was no other than Draco Malfoy himself who shattered all of my heart into trillions of pieces. the last thing I wanted was to see was him. hopefully, he would be just as alone as I was. I needed to know he was empty without me.  

before my thoughts could trail anywhere my best friends marina and veronica came behind me and scared me. it was an unintentional scare but I flinched. this may have concerned some people but they already knew what was happening at home.

"you okay?" Marina asked. "I'm fine" I replied with but the stinging in my heart knew I was lying. The gates were finally opened and I quickly headed into the Slytherin common room with marina and veronica. we had to be in the great hall in a few minutes for the sorting ceremony and the great feast. I needed to avoid any friend of Draco and Draco himself. I couldn't stand to see his face. 

I was able to get into the Slytherin common room without any Draco interruptions. I got out easily as well. as I walked downstairs with my friends I felt weird walking in these halls again. 

"give me a second, I'll catch up with you later," I said to them. 

"ok" replied veronica

I stayed on the side of the entrance to the common room to take a breath. I realized that I was finally back home, Hogwarts was the only place that truly felt like home

"hey," I heard a male voice say whilst coming out of the common room. I turn around to see a light blonde haired boy. it was Draco Malfoy, the one person I hoped to not have to hear from ever again

"hi," I said through my gritting teeth. 

Draco stated"you never let me explain---" I cut him off with "no Draco you don't get a chance to explain what you did to me!" I raised my tone, "you ruined everything". he had a somber and sincere look and his eyes when he broke eye contact and walked down the stairs to the ceremony. I went down after I knew that he was gone.

when I entered the great I hall I sat as far away from him at the Slytherin table. the hall was gorgeous and I had nearly forgotten what it looked like over the summer. I'm glad that marina and veronica saved me a spot near them. I looked at the Hufflepuff table and saw a man that I had never paid attention to before. his name is Cedric Diggory. his hair was a luscious honey brown and his face was much too perfect. I couldn't believe it. I have never looked at a man like this since-since, Draco. Cedric was a sixth year and way out of my league. my dark brown hair and fair skin didn't stand a chance with him. oh but I fell deep into his dark blue ocean eyes.

"ooh, Jules has a crush" I heard veronica singsonging into my ear. I didn't notice that I was staring at him. how long have I been staring like this? oh gosh, my dark brown eyes were locked on his face for goodness knows how long.

"I thought you said you weren't gonna get into dating until you were over the whole Draco thing" stated marina. I looked at her and realized that she was right. I couldn't do this to myself. it was all gonna end up being self-sabotage 

in a couple minutes I heard dumbledores amplified voice with his wand to his neck "SILENCE" he said quite loudly. "let the sorting ceremony and the feast begin".