A Day with Theo

It's Friday, at noon, finally, and Theo picks you up for a simple picnic lunch. He takes polaroids of you, gives you your favorite ones and asks to keep the rest. You drive around listening to music and talking for hours.
Night creeps up on you, and suddenly it's already dark. You had talked about your favorite movie early and he asks if you want to watch it with him that night, since he had never seen it. He drives you back to his place and gives you a comfy change of clothes. It's one of his white sweatshirts and red sweatpants.
He collects the blankets from a basket beside the couch and runs to grab the snacks he had been waiting to give to you since last week when you told him your favorites. He turns on the tv and you watch the movie.
A few times you'd catch him looking at you instead of the tv. You'd playfully push him and tell him to pay attention. You finally finish the movie and he turns to tell how much he loved it. You smile and pick on him for not having watched it earlier. He laughs. He then tells you that you remind him of one of the characters (not know they were your favorites).
Theo pushes himself upright on the couch and faces you with his legs crossed. He looks down at his hands before looking back up. Something is on his mind, but all he does is tell you it's late, asking when you need to be home. You reach for your phone, realize it's midnight, and sigh. You do need to get home at some point.
You help him clean up, folding the blankets. He grabs his keys and leads you out to his car. The way home you both just talk about the movie and your favorite scenes.
After pulling up, you don't get out right away. You don't want to. You look to him and ask when you could return his clothes, hoping to see him again. He responds saying you can keep them, he has too many sweatshirts and pants anyway. Of course that's what he says. Part of you is flustered and excited about keeping them, they were so comfortable. But, part of you wished he said he'd get them next time you hung out. Then he follows up asking if you'd like to come over and watch his favorite movie the next afternoon. He must have known that's why you were asking about his clothes. You, of course, accept.
You feel bad for staying too long , and start to grab your bag and phone when Theo opens his door, walking around to your side to open yours. You look up to find his hand waiting to help you out. You accept his help, but stand there for a second, not wanting the moment to pass. Once you realize you're still holding his hand, you drop it, he grins. Slightly embarrassed, you start up the driveway towards the front, Theo following close behind. You take out your keys to unlock the door and turn around to say thank you, not expecting him to be that close. You can barely get the first word out before he interrupts.
He asked if he could kiss you. He said it hastily, as if he'd been trying to hold it back for a while. You nod, trying not to shake. Theo places one hand on your cheek and the other brushes your hair behind your ear. You can feel the cold metal of his ring on the side of your face. His blonde hair seemed to shine in the porch light. He does his little thing when he's trying not to smile where his cheekbones pop up and look so delicate. His face relaxes and he looks down at your mouth. You hope he isn't noticing your rosy blushed face. He's returning his eyes to yours, leaning in, you can feel in breath against your skin. Your foreheads are almost touching when he's looking up into your eyes. He leans his chin up, your noses gently nudge each other's when he's finally kissing you.
His lips were like velvet touching your. It happened so fast...and then it was over. How was it so fast? He pulls back, smiling. He removes his hands, taking yours in his. He places one on the side of his cheek this time, holding it there, before he replaces his hand on your neck. This made you nervous, but with his one hand on your neck and the other reaching up to push aside a strand of hair, he made you feel safe. This time he wasn't as patient, he pulled you close using his now free hand. When he kisses you, you can feel him smiling. This was somehow better than the first. He's more confident, assertive. It had to have only been a few seconds, but time slowed and everything else seemed to be paused.