'15

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Czar asked as he looked at me.

I was clinging to our instructor for dear life. Czar and I were all geared up and for some reason I had offered to go first. I knew it was my idea to go ziplining but not I was too scared to even move.

"We can do something else." Czar said as he looked at me.

I looked down at how high up we were then looked across to the other side. I knew once I actually started I would be fine but I just needed someone to give my a little nudge, otherwise I would be too afraid to do it myself.

I let go of the instructor. "No, I want to do it." I said

I placed my head on the rope and looked back to the instructor who gave me a push and that was all that it took. At first I couldn't stop screaming, and was too scared to open my eyes. However, after a few seconds had passed I opened them and fell instantly in love with the view. Bora Bora was such a breathtaking place, even from all the way up here. The breeze felt lovely on my skin and I found myself staring up at the clear blue sky. When I reached the other side I didn't even notice the instructor grabbing me until he began to take my harness up.

I turned my head and waited eagerly for Czar's turn. I couldn't wait to see his reaction to it and I was sure he would enjoy it just as much as I did.

A few minutes passed but eventually I could see Czar coming down. His face was straight as always and he didn't seem bothered by the whole experience. His eyes were dead set on me and I began to wonder if he'd done this before. When he reached us he glared at the instructor who tried to help him with his harness. When the instructor met his eyes he backed off and let him do it himself.

"Have you done this before?" I asked 

"Something similar." He smirked as if I was missing a joke.

I rolled my eyes in annoyance. "So what now?" I asked.

I wasn't sure if he was going to continue allowing me to pick what to do for the day or if he wanted to do something himself.

He began to say something but was cut off my the buzzing of his phone. He looked down and read a message before he turned back to me.

"Well actually I have some business to attend to."

"What? But the day has just started." I said.

"I am well aware of that but this cannot wait." He began to walk pass me and to the steps.

I followed behind him. "So you're just going to ditch me again."

"I'm sure you will be fine." He didn't turn to look at me and suddenly I became angry.

I shoved his back and he froze before turning to look at me.

"This was supposed to be a day where we did fun things." I said now crossing my arms.

He laughed. "I'm sorry, but you must be mistake, there is no we."

He walked away, talking on his phone and I felt as if I was going to explode. He was nothing but a complete ass. I followed slowly behind him, wishing that I was back at the hotel already, when suddenly I felt as if I was being watched.

I stopped in my tracks, the hairs on the back of my neck raising. I looked ahead to Czar who was still walking and talking on the phone.

"Czar." I said loud enough for him to hear me.

He turned to look at me, his eyebrows furrowing once he realized that I had stopped.

I heard something move behind me and on instant I turned and swung. My fist connected with something but I didn't bother to see what it was as I ran to Czar who was already spring into action.

"Go to the car!" He yelled as he pulled out a pocket knife.

I began to run through the forest following the path, I heard footsteps behind me but I didn't dare turn around. Knowing that I had to loose them I ran off the past and into the trees. I was becoming short of breathe but I kept running anyways, whoever was following me didn't seem friendly.

I was as far as I could and then stopped and squatted behind a tree, trying to catch my breathe. I had no Idea where Czar was and now I was lost. I was sure I could find my way back to the path but I was afraid that whoever had been following me was still looking for me.

I peeped around the tree to make sure the coast was clear before standing up. Suddenly someone grabbed me and threw me to the ground.

"Well, that was easy." The man said as he held the gun up to me.

Without thinking twice I kicked him in the shin. He fired the gun but it missed me and I kicked him again, this time in the balls. He hunched over and I kicked his head which caused him to fall backwards. I took the gun from out of his hands and aimed it at him.

"No, that, was easy." I breathed.

"Zariah?!" I heard Czar's voice call.

"Over here." I called back.

Within a few mantes he appeared and he looked at me in shock as he took in the scene. He took the gun out of my hands and squatted down to the guy before placing the gun to his head.

"Who are you working for?" He asked.

The man said nothing as he stared at Czar. Czar smiled before pulling the trigger and I turned my head away and squeezed my eyes shut, my stomach feeling a bit uneasy.

"There must be more of them, we have to get out of here." He said.

"Was that really necessary?" I said as I tried to keep myself from throwing up.

"No, but I enjoyed it." He said.

I shook my head and held but that puke that dared to cross my mouth.

"Listen Zariah, he was a threat. You're lucky you were able to take him down, I'm sure he wouldn't have shown you mercy the way you'd  him." Czar explained.

I nodded my head, understanding.

"What does he want?" I asked.

"I'm not sure, he has to be working for someone."  Czar said. "Someone like him wouldn't dare come after me unless they were getting paid a huge amount of money."

"But he came after me too..." I said, fear now setting into my veins.

Czar looked at me, not saying anything and I began to realize that this was going to be apart of my everyday life. The constant fear of thinking someone would attack me, of me knowing that I have a target on my back because of the man I was married to. I looked at Czar, suddenly feeling disgusted. I know he told me that he was apart of the Russian Maifa but he started to make me wonder what he really did.

I mean, why else would someone be sending men after him?'

"What are you?" I said.

He stared at me for a bit. "I did some things Zariah....some real bad things."

~~~

I was so excited to update!! I just got back home a few days ago and the first thing I thought about were you guys so here is  a quick update! I will also like to point out that this book will be moving a tiny bit slower than the "Lust" Series. I want to take my time and let Zariah and Czar actually build a bond together before they rush into anything. So I hope you guys liked this update. Don't forget to comment, vote, and share. Until next time my lovelies.