prolog

Prologue

"Run!" I yell as a dark figure approaches toward us. The figure, though obviously human, appeared to be wrapped by shadows, as if they wanted to hug the man who threatened my life.

"My wand!" A girl in the distance screamed,

"Here," I say, giving her my oak wood with unicorn hair core. I pick up the sword of a fallen soldier. When it happens a lady, who looked like a second year, appeared. She was wearing a faded ACDC t-shirt, and ripped skinny jeans. Dirt-brown hair with a streak of blonde down the middle hung to her shoulders. Next to her, she had a friend, who was wearing a blue cloak and a worn-down pink t-shirt. She too wore a pair of blue jeans, dirtied by countless adventures.

"Expelliarmus!" The girl with the blue cloak yelled. The shadowed creatures drew back, dead leaves scattered across the dirt covered pavement.

"Stupify!" The girl with the ACDC shirt yield and like that the creature was gone. They rushed over to me and said that a new dark lord was rising and this creature was a falling angel working for grayback.

"I'm Lucy," The girl with the dark hair informed me, "And this is Morgan, and we are the wild ones." The girl named Morgan nodded, and looked around nervously, as if waiting for more challenges. Seeing her look, I picked up my wand off the ground and turned my sheath holding my sword to it clung to my back.

"Let's get out of this hell hole." I muttered, the girls nodded.