This Is Me

Hey, so...I'm Jess. I'm fourteen and I go to Thomas Jefferson High School. I'm a goody two shoes. I'm a freshman and I have really good grades.

But then that all change...
It was the first day after Christmas break and I was TIRED. I woke up to my alarm and I was not happy. I hit snooze way too many times.

After almost half an hour I finally got up. I got dressed and walked downstairs to the smells of fresh made waffles(YUM!)

After I ate breakfast I went to the bathroom to get ready. I did my makeup,did my hair, brushed my teeth, put on perfume, put on deodorant, and I was ready to leave.

I grabbed my backpack and my mom drove me to school.
I walked into school dreading all the work I would soon face. I was walking to my locker to get my novel that we are reading in literature.

I heard the bell ring right as I was walking into class. I looked around the classroom for an empty seat and I struggled to find one. I was hoping to sit next to my friend Madison, but it didn't seem like that was happening. I saw a seat on the other side of the classroom, so I walked over there to sit down.

As I got closer I noticed someone I had never seen before. I smiled at him when he looked up at me and he smiled back and it was such an amazing smile. It radiated love and generosity and sensitivity. But when I came to, my common sense started to kick in...guys like that don't exist.

I introduced myself to him.
"Hi, I'm Jess"
"Hey, I'm Mason. Nice to meet you."
"Yeah, you too. I'm soooo excited to write about the theme of this book."
"Did I hear some sarcasm?"
"Maaaayyyybe"
"Haaaa"

"You two, be quiet!" said the teacher.

I have him a look of surprise and laughter. He smirked and we looked down at our novels.

FEW DAYS LATER

Me and Mason(bad grammar!sorry) have walked to school together everyday because as it turns out we live only a street over from each other. I think he likes me because he keeps flirting with me. I like him, so I hope he likes me back. I think we would be a really good couple. Madison keeps telling me that he does have a crush on me, but she could be messing with me.

After a few weeks of flirting and chatting and walking and studying he invited me to a party. I thought maybe it was a date. I got ready and I was so excited.

Madison went with me, and we showed up a little late, oops! As we walked in we were greeted by a few people from our school. I walked over to him and we greeted each other.

A little while later we walked outside to escape the party. We were talking for a while and everything went silent for a while. He leaned in and I thought he was going to kiss me. I started leaning in, but Mason's best friend walked right out.

"Hey guys, what are you up to?"
Mason gave him a look and he quickly went inside. Mason started leaning in again and right as he did I sneezed. Seriously, I sneezed! I looked up at him with an embarrassed look and he had a disgusted face. I suddenly felt really sad. I looked down and there was a big glob of snot on my shirt.
I ran to school today so I wouldn't have to see Mason. I ignored him in class and at lunch. I felt really bad about it but I felt worse about what had happened.

One day when I was walking home he came up behind me. And stopped me. He grabbed my arms so that I couldn't move.

"I'm sorry" he said.
"You didn't do anything wrong."
"Well, I did. I was inconsiderate. Everyone sneezes and its fine"
"Okay well umm thanks, but can't I just be embarrassed for a while."
"Yeah. I-I-I'm sorry. I'll leave you alone"
He walked away and I instantly felt horrible.
"M-m-m-mason. I-i-i-i didn't mean it."
"Don't sweat it."
His comment didn't seem very happy,but it seemed like it could be worse.
I went home to do my homework and I was SO distracted. I couldn't stop thinking about him. Would of he never talked to me again?

When I went to school the next day almost none of my assignments were complete.

ONE MONTH LATER

This kept happening for almost a whole month. I was talking to my counselor about it. She told me that I needed a tutor. I was dreading it,but whatever got it done. As I walked outside Mason stopped me.
"I here you need a tutor"
"Y-y-yeah"
"Maybe I could help?"
"Ummm, yeah sure. Thanks. And I'm sorry I acted like a brat."
"Don't worry. I pushed you."

 Iwas so relieved that he wasn't mad at me anymore. I was soooo happy. I talked about it with Madison and she was so happy for me. 

A FEW DAYS LATER

Mason came over to my house to tutor me and my mom was acting very strange, but I blew it off. I didn't htink it was worth caring about. I bet she thought I would end up pregnant or something, but really I'm going to end up smarter. Mason was further explaining variable systems,and he looked really cute. I couldn't help stare at him. I knew we would stay friends, but I didn't think it would be more than that. I was really hoping though that he like me. I had blanked out while thinking about him and all of a sudden I saw a face in my face. In a split second I was kissing him. I was loving it so  much. We stopped when we heard my mom walking around. 

"I'm sorry, but I had to do that."

"I don't mind. Wanna do it again?"

He just leaned in instead of respondin, but I still like the answer. I was so glad that my little accident...or my brattiness, didn't ruin anything.