Chapter 1, The Meeting

I was walking to the new tea shop in town, my uncle knew about my addiction to sweets and recommended this place. I turned the corner and see the most adorable little café. I look through the window and saw a sight so heavenly I could hardly believe it was real. The window had more desserts than I could count, they ranged from cannolis to full sized cakes. I walked in and ordered a dozen pastries each one different from the last. I payed and silently thanked my uncle for the summer job he set up for me. I went to a table and waited for my desserts to come.

While I was waiting I thought about how my uncle left for a year, leaving me with my parents. I knew he left for the better and promised to come back to take me with him, but he was my best friend and practically my dad. He was more of a parental figure to me than my actual parents. Of course I love my parents but they always worked and my uncle was constantly there for me. He let me stay at his house when my parents weren't home and we talked about anything and everything in my life. When he told me he was leaving, i was devastated. I felt like half of me was being take away with him. The next few months were hard but somehow I managed to get through. Five months after he left my uncle came back to America he told me that his mom's side of the family has a successful store in Japan and it is by a high school. My parents were (insultingly) eager to send me with him. We moved to Japan and my uncle runs a store with the other half of the family ( my uncle's mother's side). "Hello uhh Y/n... your order is here" the brown haired waiter said. "Oh I'm sorry I was lost in thought, wait how do you know my name" I say back. "It was on the order, I just happen to remember it. It's not everyday a cute girl walks in the store" he said and puts down the desserts. "Oh uh thanks" I say getting flustered by the compliment. "Um...Sawamara" I say reading his name tag. Just as he leaves a tall blond boy comes and sits in the chair across me. He says "Everywhere else is full." "Its fine," I tell him "I'm Y/n ". "Tsukishima"he says then he starts eating. I also start eating. After I finish eating I head home, I had most of the desserts packaged to eat with my uncle.